Staples has Poor Customer Service (cs) Representatives!

It took "4" cs representatives from Staples to finally assist me & resolve my problem. I emailed Staples cs instead of calling because I don't want to waste time on the phone waiting. Problem: My Staples Reward Account showed that I did not reach $30 in ink purchases so I cannot receive $2 back per recycled ink cartridges (max of 10 a month). And I recycled 10 ink cartridges that month = $20 Staples Reward. When I e-mailed the reps - I showed them proof of my online purchases of ink along with my recent receipt showing I exceeding $30! Yet, 3 of the "online" customer service representatives definitely could not add math or something & said I don't quality and those 10 ink cartridges I recycled will earn me $0. Finally, the 4th representative apologized for the 3 ahead assisting me & added $20 into my account which just came in yesterday. Seriously? No wonder why Staples is going out of business. More about Staples Rewards (free to join) you can get up 5% back in rewards on everything, free shipping when you spend over $14.99, $2 back in rewards per recycled ink - minimum purchase of $30 required within 180 days, and on going coupons/promotions emailed to you! Have you ever experienced such frustration where something so easy should not involve so many people?
This reward program sounds great for those who would have reason to utilize it. It has been my experience with a couple different companies I have had reason to work with recently that each person you speak to does things totally differently. That seems weird to me. I worked in cs for many years and that isn't how we worked and seems like good reason for a company to go out of business. I can't imagine a group of customer service reps all doing their job differently. Plus the idiocy that you have described here.
I never worked in customer service but I can see some situations being frustrating - but there shouldn't be a need to have inconsistent responses especially when it is something so straight forward. It took 4 representatives to finally resolve my problem.. I am glad it is now resolved though!
@infatuatedbby ...I can see one rep needing to get a code or some info from a manager but that is all that there should have been.
@celticeagle Agreed - it shouldn't take the 4th one to apologize for the reps ahead.
Yes. Every time we dealt with Comcast, we'd get four different answers every call. Once, two different rep 's confirmed that we had a service call, only to find out from a supervisor that there was no service call scheduled.
I hate when that happens. I had an incident where I called AT&T for a quote upgrading my family plan. They gave me a quote on x amount of dollars and said it will not exceed a certain amount. When I got the bill, it was a $50 inflation to what they quoted. I called back, they said the sales associate made a mistake........ It was a headache but resolved after all.
@infatuatedbby - I worked in call centers when I lived in Denver. I always hated getting that call where I had to fix someone's incompetence.
@scheng1 (24807)
I think those cs are so lowly paid that they just do not care. They just want to have an easy day, and do nothing at all for anyone.
Yeah probably which is why it took 4 people to get my problem resolved.
I hope it is all figured out now and you will not have any more problems.
Yes - all figured out. I received my $20 rewards in my account and I hope to not encounter anymore problems with Staples also - thank you!
I never at the current time. I should join a program like that.
I love joining reward programs that are free and has lots of benefits. If you spend $30 within 180 days for INK. Each month you can recycle ink up to 10 times and get $2 each from it. And whats even better is Staples price matches any other competitors.
Yes, basically any time I go to Wal-Mart they also have pretty poor customer service most of the time. I once waited a half hour at the jewelry counter and, still no one came lol.
That happened to me the other day.. I was standing by the purse section waiting for assistance at the department store.. No one came. Then a security guard that works for the department store heard me go - Is there no one working here or what and went to go ask a sales associate to help me.
Yes, and with Staples!!!!
Not with Staples, because they are not present in our country, but I had similar experiences.
they probably got hired on the spot with much additional training when it comes to these promos. the one who helped you may have been a veteran already.
@Ladypeace (2063)
I've not met with bad customer service with a store but in a restaurant yes. Once I was made to wait for an hour for my meal. I checked with them once every 20 minutes as it was rush hour. At the one hour mark I was given a free soup and cake. I used to frequent that place until that faithful incident and I've never went back ever since.
I haven't had that bad of service for food before, he-he. One hour for food to come out was quite the wait. I hope you weren't that hungry that day too! If they knew it'd be a delay they should tell you instead of you asking them every 20 mins and offer you something before that so you don't sit there hungry