Have You Tried These Guys?

I just heard about a service started by two brothers. It’s called Bill Fixers. They call up cable and telephone companies, etc. for you. They renegotiate your bill with the intent to lower your costs without some sort of “gotcha”, like a contract or higher costs later. They charge a fee that is 50% of the savings they get for you. I have had pretty good success doing this for myself. Still, I pay $65/monthly for Wi-Fi, $68/monthly for satellite television and $98/monthly for my smart phone and iPad combined. This is $231 each month. I think this total is absurd. I know I could do without television, but I like it. I cannot use an antenna where I live, due to my hillside location, so it is satellite or a crazy high cost cable. Still I think these numbers are outlandish, especially for the television and phone. Have you ever tried a service like this? There is another one called Bill Cutterz. I would love to know if anyone has had experience with either of these two companies, or some other cost cutting business. I would also like to know how your costs compare to mine.
@garymarsh6 (13204)
We have comparison web sites where you can find the best deals yourself and then just go to those that are recommended or suite your needs!
That allows you to compare companies, but not to get the best deal on your own bill. There are very few options when you live in the hills, so comparing companies is not possible. Negotiating with those who do operate up here is a pain.
I have not heard of these services. Sure would be nice to have someone else to do the fighting for lower rates.
Now you know the names of two companies. I plan on looking up reviews for them before I give them a try.
@Marcyaz (35765)
Nope I have never heard of any of companies but I sure know some people who could sue their services. Luckily we were able to cut our bills down by cutting the cord with the cable company and no more landline phone either.
Never heard of those guys here in Canada. I negotiate myself with the companies.
And have you been successful? How much have you been able to lower your bills?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Not sure I'd trust such a service. Periodically, I call Comcast, threaten to move to a new carrier (Comcast likes to sneakily raise my rates a bit each month), and get some magical new plan that's abut where I started.
@salonga (27998)
That really feels great! I am happy for you1 When we finished paying our house and lot and got the original title finally I felt like in heaven. That was our one and only debt and when it got fully paid, I felt a different kind of freedom.
@moffittjc (41186)
• Gainesville, Florida
I pay $120/month for internet/cable, and $220/month for three smartphone lines (one for me and each of my two kids). Looks like it's pretty much in line with what you pay as well. It is such a rip-off, but it's almost like we're stuck paying for it because there are so few alternatives. Where I live in Florida, I think you can pick up one, maybe two, channels using an antenna, which makes that completely impracticable. I could probably live without cable, but like you said, it's something I enjoy.
@lilnana1111 (2344)
No I haven't heard of them, but sounds interesting.
I have always done my own negotiating.
• Eugene, Oregon
I don't have my costs in front of me right now, but I know that they are too high. The lack of competition in cable services is a fiasco in a free enterprise country. I thought some years back about starting a "complaint letter" service. The idea being that I would, for a fee, write letters to various entities that people felt wronged by, seeking some form of restitution. It might have come too close to practicing law. I hope you get some responses from people who have used these businesses.
I never heard of those services before. Cablem internet and TV is very expensive and they got you. So what can you do.
I have never tried such a service. I always do it myself. I just called cable a few days a go and got a courtesy amount off for the next six months. It pays to ask. I have a bundle or internet, phone and cable and it costs me $200 a month. I love the digital cable and have good service with them. Have been with them for as long as I can remember. Have always had it and am so happy with digital cable and don't think I would like the antenna. Can't have it here anyway. But have experienced antennas in the past and they are spotty at best.
It seems to me that there is nothing to lose if their only fee is half of what they save you. Your costs seem extrememly high.
@T_gray (7841)
• Salina, Kansas
I have never even heard of such services to help cut bills. Your service costs are comparable to mine if not a bit lower. Is there a way to bundle tv and internet? Thats what I am trying to do now.
@Asylum (48283)
• Manchester, England
The coast of your internet service is horrendous. Mine was reduced last year, but even at the old price it was 50% of what you are paying.
My husband does the negotiating. We have cable in two homes with the fastest internet speeds, TV, and telephone landlines in both homes, WiFi in both, three smartphones with a different company, and two iPads with yet another company. Crazy, but it works for us. We do put our cable on seasonal when we leave one home for another.
I know that when I called to cancel a service that is when they WANTED to give me a deal, it was to late then I had another service in place already.
@yukimori (9042)
What about switching from the satellite service to something like Sling TV?