Trump For President OH NO !!!

@suzzy3 (8357)
Well what a shock that would be for the rest of the world. Maybe more sensible people should turn out to vote. In the UK we always have several parties to choose from. Am I right in thinking you only have two in the United states. How on earth do you choose from that. Some of our parties are a joke like the " Monster raving lunatic party" We have all sorts of views some of which I do not agree with at all. But then every political view must be covered and listened to. That is true democracy. It seems to me in the US it is money that talks loudest in election terms. I could not a see a politician in the UK spending the family fortune getting elected or trying to.
@moffittjc (46340)
• Gainesville, Florida
I think the fact that we have a two-party system is part of the problem. Although one is liberal and the other conservative, they are both part of the same establishment, and they both will do anything to hold on to power. I think we need a viable third-party that can help shake up elections more. I find it interesting that--in the case of Trump--both the Democratic Party leaders and the Republican Party leaders don't want to see him get elected. I wonder what that means when both parties despise a candidate? Is he a real threat to their establishment?
I would not vote for him . . .
@suzzy3 (8357)
I think most of the world despises this man , He seems he uses his money to try to influence the electorate with raz mataz. He is so racist
@suzzy3 (8357)
@enlightenedpsych2 Nor would I .
There are more than two parties. There are Libertarian and Green parties. Lots of independents. Bernie Sanders was an independent until deciding to run for president.They exist but get no attention because too obscure. There are always more than two candidates on the ballot. Some have been well known third party candidates like George Wallace and Ralph Nader. Ross Perot infamously split the Republican Party handing the election to Bill Clinton.
or so I have learned @JohnRoberts at least 6 parties, three of which I was not aware of. How are ya and have a great Sunday dude !
@suzzy3 (8357)
I had not realised the fact you had more than two parties as you only ever hear about two.
I thin we have three, including the independent
@moffittjc (46340)
• Gainesville, Florida
We actually have about six or seven parties, but none of them, including Independents, are very relevant. Our government is strongly controlled by the Republicans and Democrats.
@moffittjc oh wow six or seven, and I only knew of three--- see how much I learn here thanks Jeff
@moffittjc (46340)
• Gainesville, Florida
@enlightenedpsych2 I don't think I can name them all, but I know of these parties: Independent, Labor, Green, Progressive, and Libertarian. I'm sure there is probably a Socialist party as well, although I don't know for sure.
• Calgary, Alberta
The 2 party system is really confusing for one reason. Not all liberals have the same mindset and not all conservatives have the same mindset. This 2 party system limits the choices of people. I really wonder why US dont give an independent candidate a chance.
@suzzy3 (8357)
There should be more choice for the people. It is all or nothing. Not much choice.
• Calgary, Alberta
@suzzy3 We have 6 choice this coming election and at least 3 of the 6 have impressive resumes and track records.