What is hidden ought to remain so.

@xFiacre (10102)
Ireland
Tears tried to flow this morning but I managed to hold them back, just about. A message arrived on my phone as I settled myself to do justice to  a mug of Earl Grey and when I opened it I was confronted with one of those dreadful looking scans pregnant women are so fond of sharing, and it was my first meeting with my grandchild. I didn't really want to see medical pictures of my daughter's internal business - my own father didn't know where to look when my wife showed him her first scan without warning. But young people nowadays are unencumbered with appropriate discretion in these matters. I'm quite sure the same scan is to be seen on Facebook. I'm not sharing the photo with you.
The thing is, all scans look the same. I think it's always the same baby really.
@xFiacre (10102)
@poppylicious I do hope youre tactful enough not to say that to a proud mother to be! But yes, one blob of jelly is pretty much the same as another, and they all look disgraceful when they emerge - my 5 did anyway.
@xFiacre I can be very tactful when I need to be!
We never had such things as scans when I was pregnant. It all remained a mystery til the sprog popped out.
@xFiacre (10102)
@jabouk And none of all this epidural nonsense either! Pain free labour indeed.
@xFiacre Well I did have some mod cons - gas and air!
@xFiacre (10102)
@jaboUK my wife intended having epidurals for all five but it never happened. She did get a whiff of gas and air for numbers 4 & 5 though. Ladies used to be made of sterner stuff!
@Ronrybs (7077)
• London, England
I'd prefer to meet, sometime down the road, like in the pub when it is his/her round!
• Denmark
Thank you for that. I'm also not so much into other people's intimate affairs.