Mothers Day In The UK :)

@gudheart (12775)
On the 6th of March it was Mother's day here in the UK. We ended up celebrating it on Saturday instead even though I was knackered after work, I thought it was best to do it on a Saturday. We took my mother to an Asian restaurant and it was fun to have the whole family together, just shame the food was a complete let down. The service was very slow too. My mother enjoyed her outing though, which was the main thing. The price of the food was quite shocking too, but it was worth it as long as my mother had a nice evening and felt appreciated :D Did you celebrate Mother's Day? If not when is it Mother's Day where you are?
Happy Mother's day to all the Mother's in the UK and, glad you had a good meal with your mom.
@gudheart (12775)
It was a nice evening yes :D
@DaintyD (1103)
@gudheart il pleased you enjoyed it
It is always nice to trat our mothers and let them know they are loved every day but on mother's day that is even better.
@gudheart (12775)
I said that to my mother as I make sure I give her money every month from my wages to show how much I appreciate her. I also spend time with her the most :D
Sounds like a nice time. Good food and good company it seems.
@gudheart (12775)
It was good apart from the food!
@gudheart ...So you didn't care for the food?
@Lucky15 (33730)
Our is on May. Happy mother's day to your mom ;)
@gudheart (12775)
Aw thank you :D Have a nice one in may :D
@destimona (1932)
• Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Happy Mothers day to all Mothers in the world.
@pgiblett (6619)
Never understood why mother's day is different in the UK than US and Canada. Father's day is the same (and at a more sensible time of the year).
@gudheart (12775)
I never knew why either!!
@pgiblett (6619)
@gudheart That has long been a puzzle and it means there are two times when mothers get greetings.
Mothering Sunday is always exactly three weeks before Easter. Wasn't it called thus because young wenches returned to the bosom of their village {mother} church and spent the day with their family? No idea why America turned it into a Hallmark celebration at a different time of year though.
My son rang from Ireland which was nice of him. Mother's Day in Australia is in May but often there is nothing to remind my son of it so he usually rings for the UK Mother's Day. If I'm lucky he'll ring again in May.
@gudheart (12775)
That is nice of him to have rang you :D Shows he is thinking of you.
@DaintyD (1103)
It's good he made the effort, too hin it was Mother's Day x
@gudheart @DaintyD I won't be upset if I don't hear from him in May as there will be nothing over there to remind him of it. He is a good son to me.
Sorry the food was pants. At least the company was good!
@gudheart (12775)
Yep, that is the main thing :D
@DaintyD (1103)
It's the time you spend togeather witch is important - you can have a feast fit for a King - alone it would be pointless.
@DaintyD (1103)
Sadly my kin passed away 4 years ago - so it was a pretty hard day for me. However I still took the time to thank my mum, my hero, my everything for giving me life. A nice bunch of flowers and candles lit - even a speech for her at dinner time. I hope those who are lucky enough to have you parents still here - remind them daily of how greatful you are, not in this one day X
@gudheart (12775)
I am so sorry to hear that :( I appreciate my mother everyday, as there are so many out there that have lost their mothers :(
@DaintyD (1103)
@gudheart she's in a better place now, watching over me I'm sure. She was only 42, I still live in denyal if I'm honest.
@dodo19 (29226)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does sound like you had a good time. We don't celebrate Mother's Day until May.
@gudheart (12775)
Oh not too long away then. Have a nice one when it arrives :D
@dodo19 (29226)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@gudheart I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
@millie02 (6728)
Sorry you did not enjoy your meal, maybe you could complain to the owner of the restaurant. I had a good mother`s day myself. I got flowers and chocolates.
@gudheart (12775)
Aww that is lovely :D We got my mother, some money, a butter cake and chocolates.