Rock and Roll March 7

Daytona Beach, Florida
1955 – If you though Elvis made “Blue Suede Shoes” popular before him was country artists Carl Perkins who had a hit with this song. 1969 – Tommy Roe came out with a hit song titled “Dizzy” that sold more than a million copies and earned gold record. 1970 – known for his portrayal of cowboys actor Lee Marvin had a hit with “Wand’rin’ Star” which he sang in the movie “Paint Your Wagon”. 1976 – The first rock star since The Beatles to become a wax figure at Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum in London was Elton John. 1983 – Both Neil Sedaka and Stevie Wonder get inducted into the Songwriter’s Hall of Fame. 1987 – The Beatles CDs are released and their songs “A Hard Day’s Night” and “Please Please Me” return to the U.K. charts. 2001 - The Recording Industry of America and the National Endowment for the Arts announces that Judy Garland's "Over The Rainbow" had been selected as their Song Of The Century. Rounding out their Top Ten were (#2) "White Christmas by Bing Crosby, (#3) "This Land Is Your Land" by Woody Guthrie, (#4) "Respect" by Aretha Franklin, (#5) "American Pie" by Don McLean, (#6) "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters, (#7) "West Side Story" (album) by the original cast, (#8) "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" by Billy Murray, (#9) "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" by The Righteous Brothers, and (#10) "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin.
Rock 'n' Roll History for March 7 1955 - ClassicBands.com March 7 Carl Perkins becomes the first Country artist to have a hit on the Billboard R&B chart when his "Blue Suede Shoes" makes the list. 1964 - ClassicBands.com March 7 Capitol Records is swamped
I remember seeing 'Paint Your Wagon' and Lee Marvin's gravelly voice. It was a great film.
Yes, the voice! I remember it, too.
That's a list of some great songs.
• Pleasant Hill, California
...and it's you girl makin' it spin...I remember Dizzy! I was a child, and really liked it. I hadn't thought about that song in...decades.
• Preston, England
so many great recordings mentioned here
@arthurchappell imagine how many songs there actually are through all the years in all the different categories. That is why I chose to have a music blog using YouTube videos because there is just so much to choose from.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I am a huge Elvis fan, and there is nobody that can sign White Christmas like Bing Crosby! I also like American Pie and You've lost that loving feeling, those are just wonderful classics.