Couch Potato

Couch
@Marcyaz (35591)
Are you a true couch potato or just at certain times. Do you have your remote right next to you along with your TV guide so you don't have to get up. How about your trash can, pillows, blankets. If you do this all the time then you are a true couch potato. Photo from Pinterest
@rosekiss (30258)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am more an easy chair potato, as I sit in my comfy easy chair, with my laptop right beside me, and the remote control too. I do get up at times though and walk around to get my exercise, and with dogs, I have one that loves to play, and i need to get up and throw her toy, so she can fetch it.
I guess I qualify more as a chair potato too
@rosekiss (30258)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Marilynda1225 Since I have had my easy chair, I just don't use the couches anymore, as they aren't as comfortable, that is for sure, espeically, when I fall asleep reaslly easy when I put my head back.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@rosekill That's okay we will still consider you a couch potato. Yeah I put my head back and off to sleep I go also.
The remote is usually very close by. But with two dogs, I'm not a couch potato for very long.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Susan2015 Now just what are we going to do about those dogs not letting us be the couch potatoes we want to be.
@Marcyaz I don't know. It would be nice to just sit on the sofa and not have to move or get up 5 minutes later.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Susan2015 I know what you mean it seems you go to sit down and the dogs want out. Well we will just make you one of our couch potatoes anyway if that is okay with you?
I guess I am not because I have to get up all of the time and do other things.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@jstory07 Well okay then I guess you won't be able to join us couch potatoes, dang it as I know you wanted to didn't you?
Do they still make the TV Guide? Haven't used one of those in many years. I am not a couch potato, I sit in a recliner!
TV guide is a blast from the past
@Marilynda1225 It sure is.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@AbbyGreenhill I think they still make a TV guide. We will forgive you for a recliner but you are still a couch potato and we will take you it a good thing.
nope, I am always getting up because i forgot something
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Jessicalynnt Well if you stay seated for a while then we can count you in on the group who are couch potatoes.
@Marcyaz some days, lol.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Jessicalynnt I knew it so you are officially a couch potato for sure. Doesn't that make you feel good?
@rina110383 (24069)
I'm not a couch potato and I don't watch TV. But, I work lying on my bed with my laptop on my tummy, trash can near me, and pillows under my head. If I'm lying on a couch, I think I can also be considered a couch potato=)
@Marcyaz (35591)
@rina110383 You work lying on your bed with your laptop on your tummy. What type of work are you doing than? Hey you say you might be considered a couch potato seems to be a lot of us.
@rina110383 (24069)
@Marcyaz I work from home, doing online legal tasks for clients abroad. Sometimes, I sit when I need to write something. I'm used to typing while lying on my bed than when sitting. It's weird.
No, I'm not a couch potato. I watch TV at night with my hubby to enjoy quiet time together, and our favorite shows, of course.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@DianneN You are just a part time couch potato then, too bad as we were wanting more people to join us in being full time couch potatoes.
@Marcyaz It's 10:00 PM. I just sat down after entertaining. Whew!
@Marcyaz (35591)
@DianneN That will tire you out won't it?
@amnabas (10311)
• Karachi, Pakistan
No I usually keep moving on and roam around here and there.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@amnabas Oh darn it thought maybe you would want to be a couch potato, wouldn't you?
@amnabas (10311)
• Karachi, Pakistan
@Marcyaz ohhh I would love to be but you know mother of two kids can't bear to be couch potato. Lol...
@Marcyaz (35591)
@amnabas Hard to be a couch potato with two children.
@slund2041 (3375)
I have never used a TV Guide. I have local channels and Roku box with Netflix, Hulu Plus and YouTube. I stay busy with everyday life, and do not have time to be a couch potato. I sure wished I could though...wow..I do need a break. I only watch TV or read at night. Well, I also read why waiting in doctors offices.
@Marcyaz (35591)
I don't use TV guide either but you could be a couch potato if you wanted to couldn't you?
Guess I qualify as a couch potato. Once I sit down to watch tv I hate to get up again so everything I need is within reach
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Marilynda1225 Good to hear there are other couch potatoes.
I have in the past been a couch potato, but no more
@Marcyaz (35591)
@tampa_girl7 Oh no we have lost you to something else no longer a couch potato, can we convince you to come back and be a couch potato?
I guess I am not a true coach potato.
@Marcyaz (35591)
@marlina We will take any kind of couch potato, so are you in now?
I have graduated I have vacated the couch and now I am a chair potato Instead of TV I'm now addicted to the WEB ..... which is worse I wonder. Oh, TV still serves a purpose, it's my sleeping pill
@Marcyaz (35591)
@rebelann Congrats you are still a couch potato even though it is done from your chair. Well we all need something to lull us to sleep and why not TV it's as good as the next thing, right?
I figure it's best to use TV as a sleeping pill instead of booze or pills @Marcyaz
@Marcyaz (35591)
@rebelann It sure is better than using booze or pills because you pretty well know you will wake up in the morning, right?
Sometimes , when i am already done with cleaning our bedroom . I would be that for an hour and get up after that , because i know it's unhealthy to be that way .
@Marcyaz (35591)
@SIMPLYD So we will count you in on being a couch potato at least some of the time, right?
@Marcyaz It's not often though . Besides i do that after i have done some cleaning already .
@Marcyaz (35591)
@SIMPLYD Understand that as we all have things to do before resting.
@Drosophila (16697)
I can be.. unless I need food. xD
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Drosophila needing food will make you get up and move about.
@Drosophila (16697)
@Marcyaz definitely :D
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Drosophila Good for you.
I am all for comforts and shortcuts. (lol)
@Marcyaz (35591)
@allknowing Good for you so we can count you as one of us couch potatoes.
@Marcyaz But let me make it clear just because I am for comforts and shortcuts does not make me a couch potato and that is final
@VivaLaDani13 (22444)
• Perth, Australia
I wouldn't say I was a true couch potato. I mean, I'm not exactly active the way I'd like to be. I do dance a bit around the house and sometimes go for a walk around the block but I also do spend the majority of time on here while the TV is on.
@Daljinder (22196)
@VivaLaDani13 I have been a true couch potato during the winters.
• Pensacola, Florida
We don't have a couch right now, so I guess we don't qualify as couch potatoes. Lol
@Marcyaz (35591)
@lexiconlover If you have a chair you could still quality as a couch potato. So do you have a chair or some such thing?
• Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Of course nobody will truly admit to being a couch potato, lol We would all like to believe we are more active than we really are. Everyone has a special show or time of day that turns them into one!! Great Article
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Halfpintohoney Ah another couch potato in our midst, great. Hey who wants to be active when it is more fun to be a couch potato, right? Thanks glad you enjoyed this.
@Lucky15 (33687)
Pillow and remote. Haha .just that
@Marcyaz (35591)
@Lucky15 Hey couch potato with pillow and remote just lay back and relax.