How Do You Raise Kids These Days

Redlands, California
I have no kids and maybe that makes my point of view obsolete. All I know is the world moves so fast now. I am not sure how anyone adapts to this environment. Learn something today, and most likely will be useless tomorrow. This whole thing is from 1989 and amazed how spot on they are about everything. It really predicts the future or shows how far we have not come. If I was a parent and when my kid hit 13 and above. I would probably share this album with them. It shows the truth. Most of us do not want to hear it. I love the style, but the message is just a giant warning of things to come. They do show hope in their own way, but that is always up to us. All they wanted was kids to be raised right because they come from the streets. Teach them well.
Operation Ivy - Energy 01 Knowledge 0:00 02 Sound System 1:42 03 Jaded 3:56 04 Take Warning 5:47 05 The Crowd 8:31 06 Bombshell 10:42 07 Unity 11:45 08 Vulne...
When our child is at that age , we just let her have her way . But when we see that it's not good , we intervene and advises her. She would also obey .
• Redlands, California
Because you would have been there from the beginning and I respect that.
@crossbones27 That's because experience if the best teacher , don't you agree ?
• Redlands, California
@SIMPLYD Most def. Have to see the problem before it arises. Always works best Just people really have to be on top of their game for that. Reality always says, but believe you do that as a mom. I would not mess with you in that area. You would whip my butt.
Operation Ivy rocks. Too bad kids today will never know about them. A wise man once said, "every generation gets the music they deserve." Sounds like something Frank Zappa would have said, which means it probably wasn't him.
• Redlands, California
Then again maybe it is just getting passed down in different channels. Such BS, but we have an image to uphold. lol Not really a laughing thing but we cannot let the prisoners run the asylum, not because it shows they are crazy, but because it shows the leaders were crazy.
@crossbones27 - I agree. At the same time, no matter what generation, I couldn't stomach "All about the bass."
• Redlands, California
@teamfreak16 That is it. All you can do. All about the bass,
Teach your kids to grew up with respect and caring about everyone in their life. Teach them well.
• Redlands, California
Amen
My daughter is in her late 20s now so things have calmed down. I will say those teenage years were very stressful. There are so many dangerous things out there ready to lure kids to the bad side. What I did most was trying to be a good role model, teach her good values, etc., hope for the best and so far so good. It was not an easy thing to do.
• Redlands, California
It is not an easy job for sure. I glad you hung in there and taught her right and are still teaching her right.
@lilnana1111 (2341)
We do the best that we can, the rest is up to then.
• Redlands, California
So true
@EddieHands (37845)
If the law allowed it now like when I was a child. I would raise them with the belt! Also by telling them to fight back and punch bullies in the face! That is how my father raised me. And if i could i'd continue the tradition of The Belt! Blessings