How many of you believe in haunted places?

Dallas, Texas
I will start off by saying I have some skepticism in this area but I have not ruled out the possibility of ghosts or spirits of the dead occupying houses or other buildings. Things that go bump in the night sometimes give me pause so I would never rule out the possibility. In church there was a time when the priest said things to each of us at the altar that were an attempt to evoke evil spirits from entering our bodies. This type of thing creeps me out but nonetheless I am pretty seriously unable to just dismiss the concept as easily as some other people do. What's your take on this? Have you ever seen a ghost? Don't be afraid to tell me. I have been around a long time and do not think this subject the least bit ridiculous and I respect everyone's honest opinion, either in favor or against such subject.
I have lived in a house that was haunted. I seen and talked to ghosts before.
• Dallas, Texas
That is so amazing. But weren't you a bit scared? I tend to hide under the blankets at night. I once saw a ghost walk through the hall like a white floating entity. I didn't get out of bed until the next morning. I was pretty scared and was actually shaking from it.
• Lakewood, Colorado
That is very creepy what you said about the priest doing that Anthony. Yes I believe that there is another dimension than this one and yes I do believe in possible hauntings. I have had certain experiences that would validate it for me.
• Dallas, Texas
Unfortunately most people think if I believe in ghosts, either I am delusional, suspicious or plain ignorant. Oh well, eventually they will find out on their own. Don't want to make the spirits angry. I believe in a healthy fear of them is best.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@lookatdesktop Yes it is widely believed to be delusional mental illness to believe. Many issues in history that have now been proven otherwise are rampant. Even Einstein with some of his ideas have been proven true now and at one time he was considered mad.
• Dallas, Texas
@TiarasOceanView They say true genius is on the very edge of madness.
@DaintyD (1106)
This for me is a very intreasting topic. I am not a believe, but also no not disbelieve. I love to hear people's storyies about experiances they have had.
• Dallas, Texas
I would rather think it is all speculation. I don't think I would be able to sleep at night knowing an entity would be roaming around all night just to stir up trouble.There are so many stories out there it is overwhelming. Just like UFOs and stories about the Bermuda Triangle.
@DaintyD (1106)
@lookatdesktop I find the stories intreasting, if I was to witness soemthing it would be a different story - I'd be scared stupid.
@else34 (13666)
• New Delhi, India
@lookatdesktop,I believe in the paranormal although I have never encountered a ghost.I have many times felt the presence of something mysterious and spooky around me.Such a scary incidence had once taken place in my own house.I don't think that those who believe in ghosts are superstitious.Our universe is mysterious and what we know about it is only the tip of the iceberg.
• Dallas, Texas
Well, maybe what we call ghosts or spirits are actually interdimensional travelers along the space time continuum.
@else34 (13666)
• New Delhi, India
@lookatdesktop Don't know.We call them ghosts or spirits or apparition etc,and they are so scary.
I do think it's possible, but I believe I am protected from them, as long as I don't welcome them.
• Dallas, Texas
I hope you remain protected. This would be a bad thing to have to endure. Hope things are going well with you here TR.
@lookatdesktop I hope so too and, I'm sure I will, also things are pretty good thanks.