Buying myself something pretty...

@T_gray (7807)
Salina, Kansas
I don't get to splurge on myself that often. If I do it is a meal or a bottle of wine for under $20. But to actually buy myself something is usually out of the question anymore with the way money goes. Unless I save up, but even then, something important always seems to come up. This month though, the bills weren't as high, maybe because I didn't have to run the heater as much, and money just wasn't as tight. So I had a little extra money left over then normal. I didn't have anything in mind to spend it on, but during my normal shopping trip I was looking in the jewelry section and noticed a gorgeous sterling silver chain necklace on sale and in my price range. I have always wanted a chain but could never afford one, so I thought, why not. Have you splurged on anything recently?
Yay! You got to love some jewelry! This month I splurged on a purse, he-he.
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Mmmh hope to get a bag as well this month
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
oh That's an awesome thing to splurge on. I just got one of them late last year. I don't even know why. I don't even use them, but every now and then I think I must have one. hehe
@T_gray I love purses he-he.
Glad you got yourself something pretty, you deserve it. I need a new chain too, mine broke.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420, You see, you are encouraged now hehehe.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
Can you get yours fixed. I know my friend would take hers in to get hers fixed all the time for like $20. When I bought mine I made sure to get the $5 warranty in case it breaks. I tend to break mine a lot considering I wear it 24/7
@T_gray That is a good deal for the warranty!!
@Lucky15 (33718)
I am still holding myself. Haha. Though i have been eyeing for something
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Lucky15, What is it?Share it here,lol.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
Yes, what have you been eyeing, I am curious now. hehe.
@Ladypeace (2047)
Aw, that's lovely of yourself. I've not splurged recently because I'm saving up to own my own home in future.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Ladypeace, wow nice idea my dear.I am wishing you good luck.Your dream home will surely come soon.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
That is really awesome and a great goal. I wish you luck also. That is really something awesome to work towards.
No I have not wanted anything lately. But when I do I will splurge and get something nice.
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I always have something i want lol
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
Yeah, it isn't always that I want something, or there are even things that I want, but this just happened to be something I came across. That's usually how it works with me.
Just occasionally, we need to spend a bit on ourselves. I'm glad you were able to get your chain.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
I agree. It is a mood booster I think
Good for you! No, I've had too many emergencies to splurge on anything.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
I hear ya, That's my problem as well. But I managed to squeeze this little splurge in
I also do that when i have lots of extra budget . I feel happy doing that . And i know you feel the same way too when you had what you like to buy .
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
I do, I love what I bought and I am happy that I bought it.
@Platespinner (17046)
I'm debating a trip to the fabric store to splurge on some fabric for a new dress. I'm a difficult size to buy for and I'm in a sewing kind of mood, we shall see what happens!
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
Oh cool, that sounds awesome. I love when I get in a crafty type mood. Doesn't happen very often with me. Would love to see the finished product if you decide to make it!!
@T_gray I've got some major costuming work to finish for my daughter before I can start something else...and I may well be burnt out on sewing for a bit then. We shall see!
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Wow, and finally you were able to decide.What a lovely necklace.I haven't splurged anything this time.My work ends evening, no time to shop.Maybe this weekend for some dresses.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
I never have time really for good shopping, this was just my normal grocery shopping. And I was being bad and stopping and looked a the jewelry. hehe. I hope you are able to get out this weekend and get those dresses.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@T_gray I have to shop this weekend to buy something for myself.It's our pay day hehehe.I have to pay myself first.lol
@Missmwngi (10773)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I love treating myself as well but sometimes budget is tight;it motivates one You did good getting yourself one
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
It is a joy som times to be in a tight money situation as everything bought is valued and respected. I used to be in that position but now I can say I am financially comfortable and so the thrill I used to get is not there any more.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
Awe maybe you can find other thrills. Like I like when I am able to buy something for someone else...like as a gift.
@T_gray That is exactly what I do. I throw parties for poor kids at Christmas and this we have been doing since the past many years. The joy cannot be explained.
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
@allknowing that's really awesome
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Yeah I recently bought myself a new cellphone cover with a wireless bluetooth
@T_gray (7807)
• Salina, Kansas
That's really cool. I could so use one of them too. hehe
@xstitcher (12219)
• Petaluma, California
I got a ring that I ordered in the mail just the other day. Didn't need it, but it was pretty and one of those "only pay shipping" things...