Farewell Downton Abbey

My British friends said goodbye a couple months ago, but here in the US, we just reached the conclusion of one of my favorite shows: Downton Abbey. After six short seasons, we said goodbye to Downton and all of it's beloved inhabitants. And I must say, I loved the ending. It was all happy. Everything was tied up so neatly with a little happy bow. Nowadays, shows always seem to try to be so "real" with darkness, sadness, yes, real life. But Downton did what us fans wanted: it made everyone seem to have a happy ending. I loved it. Now I think I will re=watch it from the beginning. Maybe with my daughter. Did you like the ending?
@Mike197602 (13363)
• Worcester, England
I think the ending was ok. Try watching Poldark it's on the BBC, I think it's better than Downton. If they film all the books it could well last longer than Downton too.
I've heard good things about Poldark. I watched part of the first episode, but wasn't really drawn into it. I do plan to go back & start again.
@Mike197602 (13363)
• Worcester, England
@jillybean1222 you could try reading the books first?
@Platespinner (16532)
I stopped watching during season 3, but since they have actually wrapped things up I may go back and watch the whole thing. I prefer TV shows that have a definite ending to those that are cancelled and just disappear.
I may rematch with my daughter. she' s old enough that she might enjoy it. plus she likes any excuse to watch tv
@jillybean1222 My oldest daughter watched with me, and the younger joined us on the second season. Right now we've got too much going on to add another TV show to watch.
I loved the ending, but I'm sick that it's over. Boo Hoo.
Yep, ditto! :-) So glad for ahappy ending
• Preston, England
I never watched the series though everyone here raved about it
yes, i can see that it wouldn't appeal to everyone
• Preston, England
@jillybean1222 not a fan of soap opera style drama
@mom210 (6517)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I never watched it but might be a good one to watch in full when I can. I like that better than waiting for each season. I am just so impatient.
yes, but then i watch them too quickly sometimes. though, honestly, lately, i can't keep up
@Missmwngi (9583)
• Nairobi, Kenya
It is always sad when something nice ends and yet while watching one always want to know what will happen next lol
i want to rewash because i have forgotten a lot
I have only had the chance to see the first season. I loved it.
it's definitely worth the watch
@Drosophila (16730)
I haven't seen it at all am afraid..
it's an enjoyable show
I have heard from the British users that this serials reached its end.
@gudheart (12754)
I have heard so many good things about this show but as i am not into period dramas I have never watched it.
I never watched that show, but glad you enjoyed it.
I never watched it, but I know everyone who ever watched it seems to have loved it. I'm with you on endings of TV shows. Why in the world people take a show that we love, and inject the ending with something that goes against what the entire show has been about. Why do comedies make everyone move apart when they end? Why do dramas always kill of someone big on their series finale? I'm so with you about the so called "real life".