Live 'n in C O L O R

Yepperz, this'd be my latest fabric that caught my eye. Not my normal fare, I'm a neutral kinda gal but this'n jest reached out 'n grabbed me. 'fore I knew it, I'd got me 3 yards'f the schtuff! I was so taken with it coz it reminds me'f the beautiful paintin' Mother Nature tends to lend to the skies here'n these parts come sunset. Shame'f it is, the gal 't the fabric store told me she'd sell me what was left'n the roll fer $6/yard - a savin' 'f $3.99/yard. I was giddy til we measured it out'n 'twas 30 yards, lol. Needless to say that jest weren't'n the cards. So, I've now 180 7x7 squares cut out from this'n 2 other fabrics. What originally was to be 'nother throw rag quilt's now sayin' to me, "hey! why not get off yer duff 'n build me a purty braided border?" I'm e'en thinkin' 'f makin' such queen sized so it'll fit the bed'n the guest room. Who knows what direction it's gonna dictate to reach its destiny. Where'er it leads though, it ought to keep me busy fer a bit. Wait, perhaps done's a stained glass quilt? So many choices! Do ya find yerself with somethin' vivid'n yer mind 'n then one wee hiccup takes ya by surprise 'n yer plans get all turned 'round? There's a moral to this tale: measure 'n make sure ya got all the supplies ya need nice'n handy 'fore ya get started :) p.s. 3rd times a charm! 'pparently my monster photo'd jest not take with this new format so i shrunk it down. 'pologies fer the troubles!
@Platespinner (19374)
I'm looking for a photo of your fabric? This is my current project.
hmm, wonder why it'll not take the pic? i tried to edit 'n put it up 'gain with no luck't all. omgsh! that quilts beautiful! perhaps some day i'll create such a master piece.
@crazyhorseladycx It looks a lot more complicated than it is. My son bought some charm squares that he wanted me to make into a quilt for him. I added some dark blue cotton and made nine patch blocks that I then cut in quarters and rearranged. Presto, a layout that looks like I spent hours and hours on. I'm in the process of hand-quilting and hope to have it finished by the end of April at the latest (I started in in January). I hate that you haven't been able to post your photo!
@Platespinner aw, i envy ya bein' able to do that hand quiltin'! i've found the need to resort to either quiltin' 's i go 'r tiein' 'em these days. i'm particularly fond'f that one square near the bottom'f yer hoop. i'd be delighted to find me a couple yards'f that! he's gonna cherish this beautiful work fere'er, hon. maybe i ought to start lookin' 't that 9 patch schtuff more closely? 'course, i'd then a need fer fillers 'twixt 'em. i dunno, i aint no quilter, though wish i'd the knowledge fer such.
@simone10 (22232)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I love the fabric too! It does remind you of a beautiful sunset.
it sure struck that cord with myself 'n ya know how i love me a purty sunset :D this's becomin' quite the undertakin', makin' this into a quilt. hopefully i can pull't off 'n it turn out semi-decent, lol. if'n not, i reckon that's what they make duvet covers fer - ugly quilts!
@simone10 (22232)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@crazyhorseladycx With your talent, I'm sure it will turn out lovely. I can't wait to see the finished product.
@simone10 aw i lack talent, sweet friend. jest piddle with't, cross my fingers'n hope fer the best, lol. sewin' aint my forte, but i'm most thankful to've such when i aint able to get out'n 'bout with the herd.
I hope you manage to get a picture on here soon - I'll be checking back. It sounds an exciting project.
I said I'd be back and here I am. That looks very striking, I'm sure you'll make something delightful out of it.
@jaboUK it's to be mixed with 2 other fabrics 'n i'm hopin' what's in my head comes to be. don't always work out that way, lol. the colors remind me'f the sunsets 'round here 'n jest begged to come home. yepperz, this new format 'n my big pic's jest don't seem to be gettin' 'long fer some reason?? this's the first i've'd trouble with.
@crazyhorseladycx Well you managed to get it posted in the end. It was worth coming back to see.
I cannot see a photo, but I am sure that what you made came out great.
'pologies! my photo was too big to fit 'n it didn't bother to tell me such, lol. i got't resized 'n 'tis there now. the beauty'f makin' quilts's that no matter how ugly, they'll always keep ya warm :D
@crazyhorseladycx Thank you for posting the photo, it's not at all ugly, I love the colors.
@LadyDuck yer welcome 'n 'pologies fer me not checkin' to see if'n the pic 'stuck' - who'd'a thought it? nah, 'tis beautiful fabric...jest aint real sure how my vision'f it bein' in this quilts gonna turn out
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
I don't see you picture. Would love to though.
yes ma'am, i got such fixed. the pic was too large'n it'd not take't.
@fishtiger58 (30572)
• Momence, Illinois
@crazyhorseladycx A very interesting fabric you have there. I bet it's beautiful as a quilt
@fishtiger58 thanks, hon. i hope i can pull off what's'n my head. it aint lookin' to purty't the moment, lol. i'm thinkin' i'm'n dire need'f a quiltin' guru to stop by fer a visit. 'fter they're done laughin', perhaps they could point me'n the correct direction :D
Did you try to put up a photo? I'm all agog to see your lovely material.
yes ma'am i tried...'n failed 3 times, lol. the photo was too big'n mylot jest said no - but without tellin' me. got't put up now. i dunno so much'n the design'n the fabric, but the colors jest spoke so strongly that i jest had to've it :D
@crazyhorseladycx That is lovely material! I'm glad you were able to put up the photo.
@JudyEv thanks, hon. most embarrassin' when that sorta thingy occurs. dang thingy could'a told me it didn't like it 'n then folks'd not been troubled with comin' back. :D
@Dragonairy1 (1472)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
The fabrics lovely, I'm sure you will (or have) turn it into something wonderful, whatever you decide. Big hugs.
thanks, 'tis still a work'n progess with many changes'f plans 'n hiccups 'long the way. note to self: stick with throw quilts coz those queen sized one's'll kick yer butt, lol. big hugs back at'cha!
• Portland, Connecticut
I love the fabric, I can't wait to see what you end up creating. I am not at all a seamstress so I am always so in awe of what you make.
crazyhorseladycx all rights reserved - the dreaded quilt
i fell'n love with the danged schtuff 'n 'now struggle to get my 'vision' together, lol. i'll jest say i've become way more friendly with the seam ripper 'n i'd like to be :D here's a snippet'f where such's headed.
you people have talents, this is just beyond me.
aw, most kind'f ya to say! i fear that i'm jest'n amateur who piddles 'round with this quiltin' schtuff. ya might give't a try one'f these days - might jest surprise yerself, hon. :D
@PainsOnSlate (19807)
I love the colors and the abstract design...Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'll ask my sister to send me a photo of one of her quilts that just blew me away...If she sends it I will post it on a comment.
me's well, those colors so remind me'f the sunsets 'round these parts. i'm gigglin' coz i've got quite the mess here. tryin' to figure out how to put't all together. thinkin' i should'a went further outta my comfort zone 'n attempted somethin' entirely diff'rent'n where i've started. i'm thinkin' i'm gonna need the seam ripper to take 'part 60 squares. shame i'd not a clearer vision 'fore i started cuttin'! no doubt she'd be most happy to send it to ya 'n i can't wait to see it! shame i can't teleport her here, she'd likely know how to fix this mess, lol. big hugs!
@slund2041 (3406)
I find that to be true with cooking as well. I hate when I get in the middle of putting a dish together, and realize my milk has gone bad.
oh dear, i've been there! 'r ya didn't pay mind to how many eggs ya had'n hand. i reckon such's a push fer creative thinkin'?
@thesids (22448)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Having seen some of the pictures and videos you shared with us over the past few months of being here, I am sure that whatever you are getting into right now, you would be coming up with something really beautiful. As for the plans getting turned around... well, this has happened so many times that I have almost lost a count of it and today, I feel like drifting along whichever way the destiny/fate leads me to. But yes, I try to remain the same guy as long as I can.
aw, bless yer heart 'n kind words, my friend! it's outta my comfort zone fer certain. i'm more'n tune with muted colors 'n tend to sway more to blues. hopefully it'll not be too big'a disaster, lol. regardless, it'll be warm :D my heart aches fer ya 'n the journey that'cher on, hon. i keep ya'n my heart. i know that driftin' feelin', 'long with those times'f drownin' 'n i pray ya find peace. big hugs!!
They say necessity is the mother of invention. So think out of the box and I am sure new ideas will crop up.
indeed! sometimes a good thingy actually. this kinda pushed me outta my 'box', so we'll see what happens :D
@lilnana1111 (2449)
I'm sure whatever you make it will be beautiful.
aw, yer jest biased! lol, jest kiddin', it'll be warm 'n i reckon that's the main purpose, eh? told the gal't the fabric shop that all else fails, i can cut it up'n make critter beds :D
When you can get good deals than why not get them and go for it.
when the hubs got home last eve 'n i showed this fabric to 'im 'n the deal she offered, he told me i should'a got't all. i'm thinkin' that she offered such coz it aint movin' 'n perhaps if'n i survive this project 'n wish more can go back'n we'll do some more wheelin' 'n dealin', lol.