Are there Oscars for houses too?

@xFiacre (7536)
Ireland
The friend of a friend has a house in London, a posh house by all accounts, and given its secluded position and general aspect it has become an actor in many films. The lady in question charges film companies handsomely; a day's filming can fetch her £1200 and all she has to do is leave them to it and go shopping. And there are many perks to this "job". One director didn't like her living room carpet, so she picked a new one and he paid for it. If it wasn't for the fact that the house I inhabit belongs to my employer I'd try to get it an audition.
@WorDazza (6759)
• Manchester, England
With a camera friendly property in a secluded London location it sounds as if the lady in question probably doesn't need the £1200 per day!!!
I never thought that a house or a garden could be interesting for filming. The amount sounds interesting.
Oh, yes! We have a thriller series on German TV located in Munich. The houses shown in the films are usually private houses.
@MALUSE I would not like to have people inside, but I have a nice setting outside, with a hot tub, I have to check.
I've heard of this. Would be great to have a place that would be used.
Maybe you could get new carpet if your employer was agreeable to having the house become a 'star'.