I got hacked updates!

Centralia, Missouri
So I got the autodraft to the hacked account cancelled, as I did the debit card to that account. I now have to wait until my new card comes in the mail. I set up my work pay to go to my local bank account (something I kept planning on doing but forgetting about), which is good. I called them again today, as I was trying to dispute the charges online and the page wouldn't load. Funny things. 1. the card said it was a debit with signature transaction, but didn't tell me where, which still makes me think online, but didnt know you could by starbucks re loadable cards online with a debit and sign for the purchase somehow. 2. Halfway through the representative stopped telling me where I needed to email a statement of dispute, and giving me my reference and claim number, sounded surprised, and told me that it was already done and the money was returned to the account....I filed the dispute with her not a minute before...how is that possible? Don't get me wrong, we need every penny including that 50 dollars for bills and food, but... that fast?? 3. if you were going to risk jail for theft, why starbucks money?? lol
banking on l ine has been w onderful for me very safe and has no added fees they can someimes give refunds really fast it just dep ends on the paperwork
I bank online too with 2 banks, one hasn't gotten bothered, it was the debit from work that doesnt have physical location so I have to bank online that did. They didnt get the actual account number, just the card number, and I think used it somewhere, so had to have made themselves a fake card, cause the little info I have says they signed for whatever it was!
@Hatley you are one of the fortunate ones then !
@Susan2015 yeah that is what I think happened
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
I would have expected that you could simply cancel the current card and keep the same account.
I did, but I can't access the account until the card comes in. it's a debit pay card from work. frankly, once that card is in, I am shutting that account down, I want to be able to walk into my bank and get help fixing stuff like this from now on
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
@Jessicalynnt Oh, now I understand the scenario. Obviously I completely misunderstood the reason.
@Asylum I can walk into my bank for help as I have online banking from my local Bof A bank.
@Inlemay (16484)
• South Africa
some people will take just about anything - a thief doesnt see it that way
I see some doing more work being a criminal than if they were just working a job!
@Inlemay (16484)
• South Africa
@Jessicalynnt they think its easier
This all sounds extremely confusing to me. Maybe they had this happen before so it happened quickly because they were already aware of it.
right? I was weirded out that part was fixed like that, after she told me it could take 30-45 days!
@Jessicalynnt ...Maybe they just didn't have others and could just get right on it.
These kind of problems with accounts being hacked and information stolen is WHY I do NOT leave a trail for someone to find me on line, I never bank on line, purchase little to nothing on line and if a company wants a credit card # and they have no phone number or customer contact, I don't even bother looking into it. Best safe than sorry
I actually think from what I found this traced from using my card on vacation last summer, out west, not online. I tend to use a small credit card for online things. small enough with alerts i can keep a good eye on it.
@Jessicalynnt well let us hop so stay calm and have a good rest of your evening
Sadly people will do anything to make a quick buck. They risk jail for lesser things.
it just seems like they are doing alot of work for something that would have been easier to not cheat to get. if they worked that hard at working they would be better off!
I suppose they had other similar complains, this is the reason why it was so fast.
that makes as much sense as anything
Changing cards, signatures, etc seems to take forever sometimes and it can be very complicated - or so it seems to me.
yeah I have a lot of things I will have to relink to my card.
So sorry that this happened to you. I know what a mess it is.
I honestly know I got lucky, they didnt get much
• Marion, Kansas
The Starbucks attempt may have been a trial run as it would be less than a felony. That way they could see if you would notice it. You did find out about it and stopped it quickly. Who ever accepted it may have gotten in trouble.Signature on a card online? I do not know about that I have seen some cases where you could, that is, the site would say if you would type your name you were agreeing it was your electronic signature.
Can you get direct deposit? That is the one of the safest things to do. The banks have to put the money back into the account when there is a dispute and they are notified very quickly. As long as you notify quickly, you are not liable for any amount. If you had waited days, then you might have been.