Which one is harder for you -- school or work?

By joy
@MGjhaud (20672)
It was more laid back when i was still in school. Although I went through struggles but nothing major (except when i was doing my thesis). I was in charged with the data management that kept me awake until wee hours in the morning for 2years. When i started working, t'was fun and exciting but it has slowly exhausting me. When i'm having those days, there are no other course of action but to drag myself out of bed and go to work or else i'll start updating my resumé then ( which is going to more exhausting eventually ) . Unlike when in school, there's make up classes, i can miss a day without submitting a medical certificate, i can procrastinate though loaded with assignments, my school money wont get deducted if i go on absent, etc.. But yeah, don't get me wrong -- not complaining, just comparing.. Im bored today.
I loved school, the work was challenging. I was in the work world long before I went to college, and school is much better - no competition. Work you're always fearful they'll fire you. Which they did three years ago at the worst time in my life for that to happen, when I'm too old for anyone to consider hiring me.
@MGjhaud (20672)
awe sorry to hear that bad experience of yours. i agree, i complain about my work sometimes but i stick to it cause i know how hard to start/find a new job.. im done with schooling so theres nothing that i can do but to keep a job.
@MGjhaud It's been a tough road these last three years. If it weren't for my boys, I would be in worse financial straits.
@MGjhaud (20672)
@just4him guess thats what family is for..
For me , it is easier when i am already working , Actually , when i tasted working , i wondered why in college it was difficult to learn those other subjects in Accounting , when actually at work it's not .
@MGjhaud (20672)
in that case yeah im with you. one of my little struggles in college. i went through a lot of mathematics and i hate numbers. i still couldnt place the x and the y when i started working..
@MGjhaud That one is what i also hate , the X & Y and at work there's none like that actually .
@salonga (27954)
It was the other way around with me. School was harder to me because after going to school there were also assignments and projects to do and I was really studying hard then to keep my scholarship. Work though hard gives me good reasons to smile during paydays.
@MGjhaud (20672)
being part of a scholarship program can be too scary i agree. but i guess all the hard work you did over the years paid off.
@salonga (27954)
@MGjhaud It did!
@whiteream (3800)
I love school and the things that I studied. I think work is much harder but that is why they call it work.
@MGjhaud (20672)
true. the only best thing about work is the salary.
@whiteream (3800)
@MGjhaud ya, money is always nice.
@ricki_911 (19859)
• Toronto, Ontario
Work is much harder it is more physically straining.
@MGjhaud (20672)
couldn't agree more..
@ricki_911 (19859)
• Toronto, Ontario
@MGjhaud School would be a vacation .
@JESSY3236 (7264)
I didn't like grade school. I did like going to college. The work I do now I really like it, but the places I work at before I didn't really like.
@MGjhaud (20672)
my college days were better than high school too. i get to do a lot of things on my own. glad to know you finally get to like your work.
I think we cannot compare school to work, it's totally different. Work means a lot more stress and a less lay down attitidue.
@MGjhaud (20672)
you just did compare them.
@EddieHands (37808)
I've always hated both. I just hate waking up early! Now I just work from home, wake up and late and make money anytime I want. It's a way better way to go! Blessings !
@MGjhaud (20672)
haha gotcha.. i feel ya
@EddieHands (37808)
@MGjhaud lol yeah! I like staying warm in bed.. especially cold mornings.
@MGjhaud (20672)
@EddieHands that moment when you feel so deprived.. good thing you found a way to control your own time now. great job..
@avi256 (4385)
• Pune, India
Both come with their own shares of happiness and pain. The best thing about school is even though it could be strict, there is always room to make mistakes and get away with it. You cant make repeated mistakes or get complacent in work.
@MGjhaud (20672)
true that career world is a bit scary and more serious..
@avi256 (4385)
• Pune, India
@MGjhaud and after sometime it gets monotonous too.
@MGjhaud (20672)
@avi256 some jobs yeah.. well i guess we all go through it at some point, especially newbies..
Not much to work since I just help with the family business. It was fun before when I was working but school has filled with good memories and you can absent one or twice a month or a week. But I was a good student and back in college I did drop some of my subjects so that I could make up for them in summer, and in summer class, you meet new people.
@MGjhaud (20672)
never worked hard huh..? good job..
@MGjhaud well, maybe not the way you work
@MGjhaud (20672)
College was a mixture or studying, partying, being away from home, meeting new friends, managing time, and more studying. I loved it, but it was less difficult than my career as a teacher.
@MGjhaud (20672)
spot on about when in school..
@suziecat7 (3394)
• Asheville, North Carolina
I'm past all that now though college was certainly one of the best times of my life.
@MGjhaud (20672)
good for you.
@bestmom (89)
• Mumbai, India
Ofcourse school days are the best days
@MGjhaud (20672)
all are free eh..?
When I was a student, I thought working would be easier. Now I worked and I changed my mind. Working is much more harder than study in school. Since you not only have to focus on your job, but also pay attention to have a good relationship with your colleagues. And sometimes you even have to sacrifice your spare time for work.
@MGjhaud (20672)
i used to think like you when i was still in school. i couldnt wait to graduate.. i was at some point thinking if its ok to enroll again.
@Missmwngi (10783)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I think each has its best and worse side lol Hope your boring goes away
@MGjhaud (20672)
seems like my brain's awake now..
@AkoPinay (10099)
School was harder for me because of financial problem
@MGjhaud (20672)
oh but im hoping now that youre working is much much better now..
@Lucky15 (33700)
School for me Haha
@MGjhaud (20672)
you must be very happy with your job then huh?
@Vjvals (924)
• Roseville, California
School is easier because there wasn't as much politics involved
@MGjhaud (20672)
in a way yeah thats true