Purchase that took me back to childhood.

Pensacola, Florida
Do you ever go to the store and see a knickknack, toy or book or even a food that reminds you of your childhood? Yesterday when I went to CVS to pick a few things up, I saw something that reminded me of my childhood. I decided to.buy it because it made me smile and it was only a few bucks. What was it you ask? A pack of Pokemon cards. I wasn't really into it as big as a lot of the kids, especially the boys I was friends with, but I always liked the artwork and the movies. Go ahead label me a nerd here. Anyway. I enjoyed opening my little foil pack and being transported back to my younger days for even just a few minutes. What about you? Have you recently or ever purchased something that took you back to your childhood?
• Lakewood, Colorado
I havent my friend, but I am glad you found those. It is nice to have a little treasure like that.
• Pensacola, Florida
@tiarasoceanview I really need to go back to CVS today but I don't have the energy to do so..
• Lakewood, Colorado
@lexiconlover I am doing wash
• Lakewood, Colorado
@lexiconlover Yeah here they have cards that you put money on for the machines and dryers. If you forget to get money on the card when the office is open, then you are out of luck for the weekend.
Oh wow, that took you back to your childhood which happened like a few years ago lol!
• Pensacola, Florida
@johnroberts it took me back to being nine or ten, so that's almost sixteen or seventeen years ago.
@lexiconlover Oh back in the stone age! Did they have indoor plumbing yet? They did in my day believe it or not.
• Pensacola, Florida
@JohnRoberts yeah but you were still riding dinosaurs to school
I used to enjoy buying Elvis Presley cards with bubble gum in it.
• Pensacola, Florida
@marlina I've never even heard of that
@irishidid (8116)
My things would be more retro than yours but I do occasionally see things that were popular when I was a kid. Then there are those they have updated to be more safe. Like the creepy crawler makers that used to get so hot you could fry an egg on them. Parents didn't think of things being unsafe back them.
• Pensacola, Florida
@irishidid I had one of those when I was little and an Easy bake and a lite bright lol
@UncleJoe (7233)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Oh, yes! Just the other day I bought an old dinosaur collar.