Did cliff diving for the first time!

In my 30++ years of existence, this is one of the frighteningly adventurous things I've ever done. My friends and I recently had a vacation in one of the beaches here in our country, and one spot on the beach had a cliff that's about 20 feet high. I didn't know how to swim and I was afraid of heights so I had second thoughts of diving. But my friends jumped into the water and I said, I don't want to be the only one who didn't jump. So I borrowed a life jacket, took a deep breath, and dove. My friends were there to hold my hand once I was in the water. One of them gave me good advice: The moment you're so unsure of jumping, jump. It was fun, but I didn't do it again. I don't know if I ever will again, haha!
@AkoPinay (11542)
I love to swim but jumping no
It's really scary, I had a lot of worries then. Like, what if I land the wrong way or hit my foot on the rocks at the bottom of the waters? What if I drown? But like my friend said, the moment that I'm so unsure of jumping is the exact time that I should. And I did.
@Missmwngi (9609)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@moonchild117 I feel you but there is always a first time for everything. I guess i will borrow that advice if i ever have to dive for my first time lol
@Missmwngi It's really good advice, and applicable to other situations aside from cliff diving. Yes, there's always a first time for things, but that's probably my last, too. I don't know if I can get that enough courage to jump again, hehe!
i'm proud'f ya fer conquerin' yer fear! sounds like a great bunch'f friends to be there fer ya.
I did conquer my fear, but I don't know if I can do it again, hahaha! And yes, my friends were really there to help me out. Whew!
@moonchild117 i admire ya fer doin' it jest the once :D noperz, i aint jumpin' off'a nothin, lol. t'would be right up the hubs alley though. he wants one'f those suits where ya can fly... i prefer to travel's close to the solid earth's humanly possible.
@crazyhorseladycx "travel's close to the solid earth's humanly possible" -- YES! Hahaha!
@MGjhaud (20749)
good job. whenever i visit my sister i never let my stay pass wothout swimming at the beach. normally go to my sisters' alone but one time i was with a friend and she dared me jump off the cliff. i tried my best but i just cant. i was too afraid..
I was afraid, too. But everyone jumped so I thought I can't be the only one who didn't. I just mustered the courage to do it. I'm not doing it again, I'd rather just take a dip in the beach, hehe!
@MGjhaud (20749)
@moonchild117 im afraid of heights so thats one other thing. but good for you.
Wow you are so brave my friend! I couldnt do that now, but I would have had a go at it in the past. Not doing it again huh?
I don't think I'd do it again, once is enough, LOL! Others from the group went back in the afternoon to dive, but I didn't because it was already high tide and the waves were stronger than when we first jumped in the morning.
@moonchild117 Oh no I couldnt be doing with that my friend. I admire your bravery.
@Missmwngi (9609)
• Nairobi, Kenya
It must have been fun,i have never done it myself
It was scary and fun. I wore a life jacket to make sure I'd float. And some of my friends were ready to grab my hand once I get in the water.
@Lucky15 (33450)
Something i want to try...but..i am quite scared. Haha
It was quite scary. But then everyone jumped so I thought, I don't want to be a killjoy. Took me a while to get the courage. Like 14 people diving in first, haha!