Ten Things You Might Not Know About Me

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Then again since this question has been posed a few times you might know these facts so I'm going to try to come up with ten I haven't mentioned before. 1. When I was pregnant with my first child, I loved chocolate ice cream and pickles together. You do strange things when you're pregnant. 2. I was born on the hottest day of summer the year I was born. The bobby pins in Mom's hair rusted. 3. My favorite subject in school was Geography. I love knowing where all the countries are, and now that I'm blogging, it helps to know where everyone comes from. 4. My dad named me. There are three V's in the family that I'm aware of - my grandmother was Viola, my sister is Vickie, and then there's me. 5. There are five Harold's in my combined family. My grandfather, father, X late husband, his grandfather, and my youngest son. He goes by his middle name. It was easier that way when he was a baby. 6. I've seen the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and the Philippine Sea. The Atlantic when I was in Boot Camp for the Navy, the Pacific when I was stationed in San Diego, and the Philippine Sea when I lived on Guam when my husband was stationed there. 7. I got pregnant with my first child when I was 19 and had him when I was 19 - six days before I turned 20. 8. My firstborn was born on Friday the 13th, my second on Veteran's Day as it was celebrated that year, also three days before Halloween, and my third on Paul Revere Day - April 18. I was married on Veteran's Day - the official day, and one of my grandson's was born on Veteran's Day, our anniversary. I have another grandson whose birthday is the first day of spring. My two granddaughters are a day and ten years apart. 9. I graduated with an Associate's Degree in Architectural 20 years ago. No work in the field caused me to look elsewhere for work. 10. I was an AWANA leader when my kids were little and in AWANA, so it's fun to be part of the program again that is so beneficial to children and youth. Okay, there are ten different things I know you didn't know about me. I didn't mention the obvious ones everybody here knows about. What can you tell me about you? I'd love to read your list in a post. Thanks for reading.
Is this one doing the rounds again? I must admit I do like reading them, and learning more about my friends on here.
I saw it on @Hatley 's post. So I don't know if she started it or was just posting some things about her.
I didn't know any of those things about you except for #9, which you recently shared with me. Very interesting.
Thank you. I worked hard to find ten new things.
@just4him I'm sure it was difficult. I couldn't do it!
@DianneN It took a bit of remembering to come up with these.
@MGjhaud (20749)
nice one Valerie. your first child must be the best birthday gift you receieved.
It would be nice to think so, but he's my ADHD child and has anger issues. I love him, and as long as we aren't under the same roof everything is fine. I've needed to put restraining orders on him several times. So it would be nice to think he was a great birthday present, it really isn't so.
@MGjhaud (20749)
@just4him im sorry to hear that.
@MGjhaud It's okay, the tough years are over. He's staying here for the moment, but he'll be moving out the end of the month, which will be beneficial for both of us.
I did know about the Architectural degree. I think you must have written about that before. It's always enlightening to learn more tidbits about the people we communicate with here.
It is, isn't it. I always enjoy reading about people here, it draws us closer.
@just4him It lets us know the real person we are talking to.
@Sheilamarie78 Yes it does.
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
You are one very interesting young lady. Wow you have been plenty of places as well and mixed up with many Harolds it seems - must be some attraction there. Love your "things about you" maybe I shall do one later.
Yeah, I went out with three different Harold's too, so I figured it was in the cards to marry one.
@Inlemay (16470)
• South Africa
@just4him you were Harold'ed over
@Inlemay I guess I was.
@Vjvals (935)
• Roseville, California
Impressive
Thanks.
@Dena91 (4069)
I enjoyed reading these. I came up with some too, hopefully some new ones. Have a blessed day
I look forward to reading your list.
@Drosophila (16742)
that's very impressive! my list is slightly longer than 10 xD
I look forward to reading all about you.
@Lucky15 (33450)
i just made a list after reading marie's :) nice to know more about you ma'am :)
I'm going to read yours too. It's always good to read about each other.
Impressive!
Thank you.
• Eugene, Oregon
Interesting! I will have to think about that, since I have revealed much already.
I had too, so this was fun to find out what people didn't know.
I told about me in ten ones just recently so see my p ost lol. glad to know all this about you to.My son was born on he same day different years as our great great great grandfather Clark.
Your post inspired me to write this one. That's interesting about your son.
@FourWalls (12468)
What did you do in the Navy? I was a yeoman. I always joke it was the hardest job in the Navy: babysitting the officers.
I'm sure it was. I was OJT Radio. I missed Radio school by one point on the GCTARI test. I missed Corps school by 5. So I was a gopher and routed message boards to all those officers you babysat
Loved learning more about you! :-) I'll have to think through my list and share them in a post soon. :-)
I look forward to reading it.
I will try to do one nice to learn more about you.
I look forward to reading it.
@salonga (28008)
Thank you for being generous enough to share those interesting things about you.
You're welcome.
I will throw out one odd one, I, while not athletic, used to be the best jump roper in my class in elementary school, talking the big ropes that two people turn, used to play chase through it, and had to go first, since ppl got tired of me catching them
That's exciting. I used to jump rope all the time in school. I didn't do anything fancy.
@just4him sadly I never did manage Double Dutch or things like that would always trip over something
@Jessicalynnt I think you read my mind. I was going to ask about Double Dutch. I used to watch entranced at the kids who could do that.
Those are really interesting facts about you. All four of my great-grandsons were born in March two years apart from each other. The first two have a different mother so when the last two were born in March two years apart that was amazing.
That is amazing. I had a hard time coming up with ten things nobody knew about me.