Did you know? Really?

It amazes me how many people still think that New Mexico in in Mexico. Sometimes when you try and explain it to them, they give you this puzzled look, or argue with you. So I made matching shirts for myself and my sisters, we'll be wearing them this weekend on our sisters weekend. Can't wait to see the looks we get. So, did you know that New Mexico isn't in Mexico, Really?
rofl, yes ma'am, i'm fully aware'f folks not knowin' geography. ya know, coz i reside'n new mexico. when i'd go back to the hills'f tennessee, the folks there'd always wanna see my green card. insurance companies'll argue with ya 'bout treatment outside the u.s. 'n the list goes on 'n on. a brilliant idea to make those! hope y'all've a grand time whilst visitin' our state...not country ;)
Lol, I figured you'd relate :)
@Platespinner (16492)
I'm always amazed at how little geography most Americans know. I've known that New Mexico was a state since long before I moved to the US.
The rest of the world teaches far more geography because there are many countries which neighbor theirs. We have only two, really. Most people do not think geography is important. I do, however. But then, I taught German and French.
@ElizabethWallace That might excuse a less than thorough understanding of world geography, but is hardly a satisfactory explanation for the lack of understanding of even a rudimentary knowledge of American geography.
@Platespinner Most people do not help their kids get this understanding, and don't care themselves. When my daughter was learning to "ride" a walk type bike, she went all over the house. She told me she was going to various countries, and asked which cities to visit. I gave her the names of their capitals. Simple start to geography, but requires effort on the part of the parent. Bummer.
@Marcyaz (35671)
Of course I know the difference, who in the world doesn't know that New Mexico is in the US and Mexico is in Mexico. That is so strange to think there are people who don't know the difference.
It's sad how many people don't know.
@Marcyaz (35671)
@lilnana1111 It to me is unbelievable don't they teach geography in school any longer.
OMG, I learned this in geography class when I was just a little kid. I am Canadian by the way.
Me too, apparently some people missed that class, lol.
Duh. I paid attention in elementary school.
I knew! But I'm English and we're jolly clever!
Lol, good to see some people actually know.
@sishy7 (27647)
Yes, I did know that. I saw a brilliant t-shirt for those who confuse Austria with Australia. I think it said something like this: "Welcome to Austria where there is NO kangaroo!"
Lol, love it!
@AkoPinay (11810)
I do not know but we also have Mexico in the Philippines. LOL
I didn't know that.