"Poor but deserving student"

@ida123 (6267)
Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
There are lots of students who belong to the below poverty line but deserving to pursue their studies and one of it is the niece of my husband. She is grade 10 now and wants to pursue until K12. She came this afternoon and asked his uncle if he can give her some amount for her shoes and new school uniform and that's the only gift she's asking from my husband. I give her immediately without hesitation because I admire those students who has a dream of finishing their studies and not thinking that poverty is a big hindrance of finishing their studies. How about you friends, do you know someone who are poor but deserving students and want to pursue their studies? Do you admire them also?
@salonga (28007)
I know many poor but deserving students and am glad that there have been scholarship programs now for these kind of students.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes, but you know here in my place there are many politicians who give scholarship, instead to poor and deserving students they give it to some students who don't deserve it, like students with parents who are known by the politicians and their grades are not qualified, so sad to think.
@salonga (28007)
@ida123 Those notorious politicians should not be voted again.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@salonga Yes, and I have list of those politicians who are not qualified to have my vote.
@MGjhaud (20749)
its admirable indeed that these kids strive still inspite of the struggle. i know kids (even college students) who walk a distance (without money) to be in school. i wish them good life.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is true, they tend to walk just to reach their schools even under the heat of the sun and bring with them their food(steam corn and salted fish)
@MGjhaud (20749)
@ida123 wrapped in a banana leaf.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@dazzledlady (1624)
If I get lucky in this life and become rich my advocacy is to help these type of people. The kind of people who have big dreams for their family and self but is being held down by poverty. I wish I could but as of the moment I cannot.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I know you can do that in the right time, just be patient and ask God's help for His providence.
@ida123 I hope so, then I would motivate people to do the same, give these kids the chance to become who they want to be when they grow up. And also for the parents to be supportive to their children.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I'm glad you were able to help your husband's niece. Some students must find it very hard to continue with their studies. It must be hard for some of them to ask for help too.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Yes, I'm happy if I can help someone especially to students who are deserving even if they are relative or not.
@ida123 It could make a big difference to them even if it is having clothes or shoes.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@JudyEv Yes, even that things are so simple, she'll be motivated to study harder because she knows someone is willing to help her.
@ridingbet (43717)
these students deserve our respect because they now that education is something worth treasured
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I agree with you friend, they must be respected and must be given help.
Of course i admire them , because they have the determination to finish their studies . Students like that will surely prosper in life . Keep up your being so kind to her .
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Sure because I love helping others as long as I can
@Shayani (253)
• Pune, India
In my country, a prominent percentage of the population lives below poverty line. It is an every day affair over here to come across this kind of incidence and trust me these poor students come out to be the most studious and hard working compared to those whose parents are quite well being. We have house maids here , and I have donated many times food, money, old clothes of mine to her daughter and trust me I really appreciate people engaging in this kind of act.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
As much as possible, we have to help others who need our help without thinking that they will help us in return, helping others is good.
@sjvg1976 (17913)
That's right why should poverty be hindrance for kids who have will to study further.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Poverty is not a hindrance for students who are willing to sacrifice just for their good future.
@amnabas (9987)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Yes we had our maid she studied and got her job in a bank and left the household works so education can lead to prosperity.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is true and I admire your maid by studying hard for her good future.
@Lucky15 (33450)
i met some. they have my admiration. they are making their status in life as their inspiration to pursue their dreams
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is true, their life status, their weapon to fulfill their dreams and I have known many of them who fulfilled it, they even help others to make those dreams come true.
I don't know anyone in that position, and I'm glad that you were able to help your husband's niece.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I help her, anyway that amount is not too much. And here in our country, we have many poor but deserving students and they were granted a scholarship by the government but they must maintain their grades until they finished their studies.
We have students where I work who have been kicked out of home and can't claim benefits. I admire them for wanting to keep on with their education so they can better themselves and get out of the cycle of life so as not to repeat their parents mistakes.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I admire those kind of students even they are poor but they study hard for the betterment of their life and someday, they can help also their family.
@zebra2222 (5075)
I admire students who achieve through adversity.
@AkoPinay (11539)
I admire them at the same time I worry they wont use their diploma and marry at young age. I have relatives like that.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
their parents have vital role here, they're the adviser and shall advise these children to study first before entering married life
@theBlock (2580)
I'm so poor, I live below the line that's under the poverty line.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I know, your government will help you with this kind of situation like here in our country, the government does something but not enough for them.