Thirsty Thursday Rambling

6:43 a.m. Pacific Standard Time in the great state of California as the sun slowly rises on the eastern horizon, drawing shadows of the great bustling city of Los Angeles on the Pacific Ocean. The day is yet to be had. My time yet to be steered into projects where work bows to no one, and time seemingly losses it fight with the day at hand. I gaze out the plexiglass window to my left, taking in the industrial make-up that powers not only this city but a nation. The walls and buildings express painted art, some expertly designed, others merely accenting the dull building color. This is but a look at the world through my eyes right now, what does the world look like through yours?
Kinda blah and wet...but the green is getting greener, the brown less browny, the birds are feeding and the squirrels fighting and the frogs singing (but I wish they'd learn something besides Justin Bieber songs).
@jolietjake, green is good. Better than a concrete jungle. Animal Bielbers? Now that would be something. Lol.
Tomorrow will be a better and brighter day, because you will have me there with you.
@Marcyaz (36147)
Mine looks like the corn fields and lakes nearby and lots of deer and other wildlife going by at different times no more tall ugly buildings to see.
@marcyaz, sounds lovely. I take it you moved from Cali?
@Marcyaz (36147)
@Cintronwriter At one time I lived in Sacramento so yes but not before moving to Oklahoma and then Arizona. lol
@Marcyaz right on. I lived in AZ for a few years back when Cardinal stadium erected.
My world is simple. Whenever I woke up and see my family members everyday. That completes my own world.
@shavkat, thanks for sharing. Describe what your environment looks like? Do you live near water? Is it a farm or industrious? Etc...
@Cintronwriter I live in the mountainside of the Philippines. Basically, I can see the beautiful garden in the backyard. The cold breeze of the weather brushed on my face as I walked around the city.
@Shavkat oh wow. Sounds beautiful.
It is gray and despondent. The sun has abandoned us for another land, and the sky is weeping with grief.
@Purplealabaster, doesn't sound nice at all. Hopefully the turned out well.
@Cintronwriter Yes, today the sun has returned in all her glorious beauty. The birds are chirping, the clouds are dancing their way across the sky, and all is right with the world again.
@purplealabaster awesome description of the day. Any chance that it's Friday why nature dances so eloquently?
too much fog this morning and dreariness to want to look beyond these walls . . . nice to meet you btw
@enlightenedpsych2, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the day turned out better.
@Cintronwriter well rain consuming darkness still won't drown out traffic noise, but it is bearable thanks for responding and have a good night
@enlightenedpsych2, good night to you as well.
@OKennedy (1150)
its the evenings where I am and the day is quiet not a soul in sight and the weather is warmer that it has been. i love the silence and peace that it offers right at the moment. I would love to be sipping lemonade in the warm atmosphere.
@okennedy, thank you for sharing. I'm sure there's preace in that quiet time.
@OKennedy (1150)
@Cintronwriter yes even though peace is hard to get when you have children when i do get it i have some serious appreciation for it because it is so short lived.
@ramapo17 (17038)
• Melbourne, Florida
Here in Florida it is the usual Sunny day. It is and has been all week, very windy with the howling sounds. I love it. I have a window right next to my desk so I always see the sunshine.
@rampao17, your lucky to have an office window . I too have an office window, and for a dreamer like me, I love it.
@ramapo17 (17038)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Cintronwriter Me too. I would feel confined without a window.
@cacay1 (30525)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
The world looks so wild with the hot sun as dry month and leaves turned golden brown after having not tasted the sweetness of rain.
@cacay1, let's hope the dryness of heat subsides, and nature's moisture comes soon for you.
@DWDavis (11218)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
This morning my world looked out onto 25 expectant faces waiting for class to begin and new knowledge to passed along to them.
@DwDavis, awesome.
@mavlana (1037)
There are clouds...preparing to bring good rain and are ready to cheer everything.
@fishtiger58 (28442)
• Momence, Illinois
A gloomy day with the beginnings of spring poking through.
The world right now seen from my eyes is pretty wet.
• Eugene, Oregon
I too was up early the day you wrote this. The sky was a beautiful red to the east as the sun began to rise. The glow almost seemed to surround the area. Later, the sun gave way to clouds and it has been quite rainy since here in western Oregon.