My Own Style of Preparing For An Exam

For the busy life of young generation, education is starting to become in low incidence. Before the students will forget the importance of studying, then it is better to share my own style of learning. It may seem traditional way, but the basic foundation of learning is still there. 1. Have a timetable for whole week of studying. Make it sure you have allotted more time in reading notes and reviewing textbooks for further information. 2. Look around and find a conducive place for studying. If you feel bored in the four corners of your room, try to explore the other places like libraries, coffee shops or even in the garden of your backyard. 3. You can also organize a group study session. In this particular activity, it is easy to absorb things that cannot be understand in particular subject matters.
@dazzledlady (1621)
Wow ... Reading this discussion made me think you are one of those diligent students. When I was still at school I would read my notes, sleep early and then wake up around 4 am to study for the exam haha... Fresh memory for the exam. I am the type of learner who likes cramming.
@dazzledlady I was my dear friend. I cannot review early in the morning. I sleep like a cold ice.
@Shavkat hahaha ic ic .... I wake up study then go back to sleep hahaha.
@dazzledlady Way back then, I should still maintain 8 hours of sleep. Even when I took my board exam.
During my college of high school days , we don't have that group study . I didn't experience that .
@SIMPLYD When we were in university, the teachers encourage to have group study. Since we need to read five medical textbooks in one case of a patient. During those days, it is literally said that we are having nosebleed.
@Shavkat My daughter also do have group study , she said .
@SIMPLYD I guess she also find it effective too. However, the new generations are not that creative anymore in studying.
@MarymargII (10066)
• Toronto, Ontario
You sound like you've got it all under control! And I know you can learn alot!
@Marymargll It was an effective thing to do during study years in college. If I have the chance for further study, I will do the same routine in studying.
@MarymargII (10066)
• Toronto, Ontario
@Shavkat I'm sure it would work for even certain courses you were to take.
@MarymargII I think it will. Thanks.
• Budennovsk, Russian Federation
Once i tried that kinf of methodic to prepare for exam:I learnt the material by heart, then in 8 minutes i repeated it, then in 20 minutes i repeated it, then in 3 hours i repeated and finally in 12-13 hours i repeated it. I think it helped me. The main thing here to pay attention is the periods of time between repeating the material
Well, my dear friend. I know the fact that Russian people are so conscious in their time. I admired how they manage the time in doing things that would make it right for them.
@Daljinder (21731)
I never followed a time-table, I still topped in my class. I am strictly against memorizing things. They never help. You would not believe it, during my college days, I used to only read the textbook. Just read like you would do a novel or a story book. Keep in mind that I have never touched that book the whole year and only doing it the day before the actual examination. It was also because I was working and studying my Diploma part time which was regular attending classes in the evening. I didn't have the time to go over my grad textbooks. I never memorized it. I couldn't even if I tried. My mind doesn't work like that. It studiously rejects anything monotonous and things that I have no understanding of considering the subject I am studying. My mind works better and remember it for longer period if I read it with understanding not just going through it. I picture everything in my head and work over every scenario as I am reading. The imagination and visuals in my head stay longer with me than memorizing anything would ever will.
@Daljinder It seems you are one of the best student during your college days. As for my major, I don't do memorization. Since the most essential thing we do is to analyze the principles in treating patients.
@Sreekala (23418)
If one has the determination then everything easy. No matter where they got for studies, they can do it well. Making a time table is a good choice but have to stick with it and follow it strictly.
@Sreekala I do think that once the timetable is finalized. The next thing is to have self-discipline in doing it.
@divssri (981)
• Bangalore, India
Very nice suggestion, i like to make timetable and follow only few days after than routin.i like to set timetable but not to follow it. I try my best still skip my timetable.
@divssri In some point, we cannot follow a timetable. At least, we organized our plans for the whole week and find time to modify it anytime.
Good suggestions. I used to do reviewers for myself when I was still studying. I guess it helped because I remembered the lessons as I wrote them down.
@moonchild117 I also like taking notes while reading all the materials needed for the exam. It is a great help to remember things noted during exam per se.
@skysnap (17808)
I relied mostly on notes. But it seems these days I have to work more carefully in understanding the material. I am sure that many people can just read stuff once and know how to do things. Often this makes things more comfortable.
@skysnap I do think the routine of studying differs from one student to another. It always come back to the same principle, that is, to read.
These are good ideas. Sometimes a change of scenery really helps.
@JudyEv I also do this. I used to go nearby places to study.
• Quezon City, Philippines
Me , I do read after it is being thought by my professors, I read before exam, then I listen to my fellow classmates reviews, suprisingly, I remember it all or most of it all.