Why @ Is Used in Email Address, None Else?

At sign - pixabay
@dodoazo (6282)
I remember my first email address was in Yahoo. I have never ever thought before or asked a question why there is @ in every email address. I just keep on using my email without bothering the usefulness of @. I have tried creating an email address without putting or adding @ next to the provider. And it didn't work. It said error. Meaning, it is a vital part of an email address. Another occasion which @ is used is in mathematics and in giving a price to a commodity or product for sale, @ is also used. Are you curious of that too?
It's to not use a word there. @ replaces the word 'at'.
@dodoazo (6282)
Instead of using "at" to connect the username and the address or the online or web holder or provider and to look it smarter, @ is used. Is that so?
@dodoazo That, and if someone had the username 'bighat' then the computer wouldn't know what to do with bighatatyahoo.com...it might read it as 'bigh at atyahoo.com
@dodoazo (6282)
@JolietJake That's right. Instead confusion is what being achieved. The computer fails to read as expected as an email address for the wrong use of a character that connects the username and the Internet facilitator.
@Shiva49 (8759)
I think it denotes address in email speak - siva
@dodoazo (6282)
You're correct. It is an important of an email address. Since we are talking here about address and at denotes location or address for that matter.
@GrannyGee (1779)
• Louisburg, North Carolina
I never thought about 'why?' @ is used in an email ... yes, it really is a vital part of an email.
@dodoazo (6282)
Yes, it is a vital part of an email. It is indeed a part and parcel of a complete and valid email address.
• Ajmer, India
I was curious about same thing many time lol
@dodoazo (6282)
Let's wait our fellow myLot users to know their experience, their info or knowledge about this. They are just around waiting for the time to get in.
@Oishi24 (46)
• Kolkata, India
I read somewhere that the use of @ is to separate the user id from the domain name. Apparently, Ray Tomlinson- a programmer who was involved in the first electronic mail delivery between two machines- was looking for a symbol that couldn't be confused with the user id or user address and chose @.
@MGjhaud (20833)
@ sign was the most unique character among four that they did use (comma, slash, and bracket were the other three)
@dodoazo (6282)
Ray Tomlinson, is this the person who introduced @ symbol for such purpose of separating the email ID from the username. Actually we call it as the at sign. At determines or points out direction or location. I don't know if I am right.
I have used the internet for quite a long time. My first email account is Hotmail and I am still using it today. However, I don't know why they use "@" for the email address. This must be a special punctuation and it will not lead to a confusion.
@dodoazo (6282)
That is the point too. To make it clear and to avoid confusion as what you are saying. I may agree with you that it is special character for it takes the role of a special connective. Isn't it?