Why Some Birds Fly In Squadron?

@dodoazo (4881)
Are you keen observer of anything you see? Are you not amazed of the wonder that a nature may offer you like birds fly in flocks? Others fly in a squadron? Nowadays, it is a season wherein cattle egrets flock in our rice or sugarcane fields. And I have observed when they fly in flocks they are in formation like a flying jets in a squadron. Why are they flying in group or in flock? Why are they in formation? Is their something that we could get from such behavior of those flying birds in group?
They fly in flocks for protection is part of the reason and, like the say birds of a feather flock together, but yeah I love to watch them and, it shows team work.
@dodoazo (4881)
I have to admit that I do loe ve seeing birds flying in a flock, in a squadron. It is entertaining for me. I forgot very reason why do birds fly in flock and fly in formation.
There are two explanations for why birds fly in formation. One is to conserve energy by taking advantage of the vortex fields created by the wings of the birds in front. The other is to facilitate orientation and communication among the birds.
@dodoazo (4881)
You sound to be knowledgeable about aviation. Are you a pilot? Have experienced studying in a flying school?
@dodoazo One of my uncle was in aviation, we have talked so much about his experiences. He was a pilots instructor.
may be following some discipline,or threat ,or some strategy to look for prey
@dodoazo (4881)
I don't think so. These birds are travel too far. They are migrating so to speak to free themselves from extinction due to the weather.
@dodoazo but what is the secret of such formation,they may fly in other way if they are to save them self from extinction or migration
I could say the same thing about ants. They go one behind the other
@dodoazo (4881)
Every animals, every insects, every birds and fowls, they have their own distinct instinct especially for security, protection, and survival.
@Rohvannyn (3148)
They are sharing the workload of flying. The trailing birds conserve energy by using the updrafts the lead bird creates. Geese will switch off to share the work. Here's an article about it:
We're sorry, your browser is not supported. Please update to a modern browser to view this page. Learn MoreSkip to main contentSubscribeMenuScientific AmericanSearchSubscribeSearchCloseSearchSubscribeCurrent Issue Sustainability Share on FacebookShare on T
@dodoazo (4881)
Thanks for the info. Birds travel in focks are using their instinct especially in sharing the difficulty or hardship in flying so that everyone is being saved from further trouble.
I was on my way to get groceries at Walmart the other day. It is an hour drive. On the way there I saw a huge flock of birds in this formation up in the sky. It was actually really amazing because there were row after row of them flying like this. It looked like arrows. I wanted to pull over and just watch them and video it with my phone but I didn't have time. It really was something neat to see. Amazing.