10 things about me...

So I've been seeing this pop up pretty often for a few days now, and I thought about doing it, but I couldn't get past 1. I'm a bear 2. I love bacon 3. A cat has me But most of y'all knew those things anyway, so I just decided the heck with it. But then, I decided to go ahead and do it...with a sort of darker-tinged twist. 1. I was addicted to meth, and a cook, for almost 10 years 2. I've been arrested and thrown in jail 30 or 40 times 3. I've served time in prison 4 times 4. I have 4 ex-wives (merely coincidence, I didn't go to prison for murder 4 times) 5. I have awakened in a hospital with tubes running out of various orifices of my body from consuming an overdose of drugs 3 times 6. I was raped in prison 7. At the age of 15 I was expelled from school and arrested, then sent to a children's home for telling a teacher that was hassling me that I'd like to blow his head off (I didn't own a gun, or have access to one, but the official papers say I threatened to slay a teacher) 8. My High School class graduated in '78---I didn't---but I got my GED in '77 9. I am an ass...but y'all knew that already 10. myLot member since October 16, 2006 (perhaps the scariest one of them all, huh?) BONUS: 11. I am a bear that loves cats and bacon So there ya have it...
@slayer08 (2361)
I'm not scared that you are here in mylot - it just makes the site more interesting..I think. plus I like the part when you said you're a bear that loves cat and bacon.. sounds like my husband. He's my bear, I'm the cat who loves him and he loves bacon. lol
@Morleyhunt (20312)
That is quite the list. I am such a boring person by contrast. It sounds like your life has changed a great deal, but I'm sure your past comes back to haunt you from time to time.
It has this annoying habit of slapping me upside the head occasionally
@Morleyhunt (20312)
@JolietJake after I read your post, I just sat there for a minute debating, should I comment or not. It is an intensely personal post, so a flip comment seemed inappropriate. I admire your courage in sharing these ten things about yourself.
@Morleyhunt Thanks. Several of them are already known by some members here...I did a discussion years ago about male rape, and have talked about almost everything else, except # 5, 7 and 8. Of course, many users don't know any of it, since myLot was 'reborn' this past August and they wouldn't have seen stuff posted by me several years ago. Last week, I came across a discussion from someone asking if 'we' were successful or not...I told them it would depend on how you measure it. I consider myself a success story, really...I went through a lot (much of my own making, of course) and managed to become who I am today in spite of...or perhaps because of...all of it.
@sjvg1976 (18395)
Hmm...thrown in jail for 30 times for what charges?
@sjvg1976 (18395)
@JolietJake hmm you have done almost everything in life I guess
@sjvg1976 I've never jumped out of a plane without a parachute...or with one.
@sjvg1976 (18395)
@JolietJake let's try this and share the experience
I think that people who dont love bacon are probably lying. lol
@vandana7 (66842)
Not me...I am a vegan.
@vandana7 If only there was a veggie bacon.
No mention of the Lamb? Well you've come a long way and you lived to tell about it on myLot! And now you've mellowed out into a wise ol' bear (well I didn't mean "ol') . . . I think?
@hora_fugit (5439)
I like bears and I love cats. Thanks for sharing some facts I didn't know (yes, that happens).
@vandana7 (66842)
I love lambs. :)
@vandana7 Mary and her little lamb...
@vandana7 (66842)
@hora_fugit I like that line "It made the children laugh and play"
@msiduri (5750)
Many things I didn't know about you, other than you love cats, an affection I happen to share. I am saddened. But I'm glad you're around to talk about all this. And I wish you the best: Love life, health and freedom.
Nothing to be sad about really, all of it has helped make me the bear I am today.
@msiduri (5750)
@JolietJake It only gets better, right?
Thanks for sharing all that with us. You did have a long struggle for sure. Bacon and cats are pretty good things to love!
It is nice to know you my friend. I think I will know you better as I always read your posts here. With this post, I had seen the real you. The enlisted experiences are your past. It might be bad in different situations, but you are still alive. I think you still have the chance to turn into a new leaf.
@Lucky15 (33719)
Hmmm.
@amnabas (10310)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Well too interesting facts about @JolietJake