The United States of Hate

Is this what America has become? Violent protests and killings and racial strife and beatings and so on and so forth... Watching people cursing each other over stuff...that really has no significance... Different lifestyles breeding hatred and suspicion... Whatever happened to the United States of America? There isn't even a United State... So maybe the time has come. Maybe, instead of Democrats and Republicans and all the other parties arguing over who would be the best President...maybe the time has come to elect the worst President. Maybe we need to elect someone that ALL citizens hate. Because then maybe we could be United about something...and maybe we could slowly work towards everything else...
Isnt it quite disturbing seriously JJ? I consider myself to be not surprised by much, but truly, I feel the tide is turning, something insidious is happening here. Sadly, like slow poison.
Lots of people thought the Internet would be the Great Unifier...but all I see happening even on it is more hatred spreading like wildfire...it can't keep going on like this without it boiling over in ways that none of us really want.
@JolietJake Your words are true JJ. People have no idea how this is destroying any semblance of humanity.
@scheng1 (24800)
@TiarasOceanView Actually the underlying reason is the fear of the future. They know that lesser and lesser jobs are available, and the salary is going to get lesser and lesser. All these are fears that are deep in them, and they just have to take it out on someone else.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Somewhere I feel that this is not just the case of USA. Looking around, it seems to have become a global phenomenon - I mean, the hate, protest getting violent even the racial killings and what not. The world has definitely become a scary place to live in. but then, there are at least some good people around too who keep the faith, hope and belief alive
The term "ugly Americans" fits.
Most countries in the world are in a state of hate. Instead of blaming politicians be they Trump or Obama, give some of the blame to the media and social media feeding discord and people themselves. All that hatred has always been there it's just that today's media places a spotlight upon it and feeds it. Hatred between races and religious factions have been around since BC so this is nothing new. Let's face reality: certain things will never change for example many whites will always be racist against blacks and many blacks will always hate whites no matter what.
@scheng1 (24800)
Not just become a nation of hate, I think those who get into fight, protest or killing are stupid too. There is always a price to pay, and to destroy your own future for the sake of getting into a fight about race or politics is plain stupid. Nobody can change his own race. What for get into a racial strife in this case? Not as if you kick someone who is of another race, he can change his race.
Well, Presidents have always been scapegoated a little, at least during my lifetime, but some of these candidates are lethal to the country.
@Shiva49 (13008)
If they live up to the hype they have created it does not bode well to the common citizens anywhere. Hatred feeds on hatred - siva
@Shiva49 (13008)
Though we have undoubtedly progressed in terms of science and technology, we remain the same in terms of how we behave. We are unable to our control our hatred, selfishness, greed, and suspicion. We want to succeed but more by subduing others. Democracy and freedom remain skin deep as afar as our attitude is concerned. We are left to select the best from the worst list as the good are afraid to step into the cesspool of politics and those elected prove worse than those they despised and ridiculed to get to power - siva
yes,we have become of violence and hate in our country. After the last Trump rally there.This was too much and did not expect this. I noticed that he cancel some of his appearance there. Yes,we have become very violence.
@theBlock (2627)
Oh, then I should run for President!
If I was nominated, I would run...I would run far far away.
@1wldngl (3991)
I'm with you. It's like social media has given people a "safe" place to be disrespectful, cruel, petty and downright insane over things that shouldn't even matter and then they care nil for the things that are really important.
@MsTickle (24962)
There is a lot more violence in Australia too. If I uittered what I thought was the reason I would be named a racist.
@AD11RGUY (1266)
I like your premise here! Wouldn't be great if it worked? Realistically, the problem isn't with leaders of anything political in nature. Well, politics that we, the people, vote on. Everything is controlled by the ultra rich. They dis/approve what en masse, we are exposed to. From what we are told is news to what we are told is entertainment. For example, who cares how much a movie made over the weekend? What's that got to do with our lives? Unless one has vested interest in the production of the movie, this is absolutely of no significance to anyone. Same with which sports team made it to the series/playoffs/bowl. Who the hell cares? But it is forced down our throats on a daily basis as important. That begets fans (short for fanatics) who will go out of their way to fight for their preference and bash or otherwise try to eliminate the opposers (opponents) preference. And as long as we are fighting each other, those in control remain in control. Imagine a war where you could get your enemy fighting over who gets to drive the tank, who gets to play general, who gets to fire the first shot, etc., how easy it would be for you to take over their country, un-noticed and therefore un-opposed because they are so busy fighting each other. And as long as you keep them doing that, you can take whatever you want, do whatever you want in their country right in front of them. It really isn't that hard to overcome all the differences between people. A small percentage of people will refuse to change, but a generation or two will eliminate their influence. Then what? Everyone united, generally speaking, would be able to take on all kinds of decisions of what to do here on Earth. Presumably, the vast majority of decisions won't be profit driven, will be good for people in general and environmentally responsible. Now imagine you're a control freak that needs to control large masses of people. What would you do to get and then maintain that control? It isn't politics as we know it. It is the politics of people control that keeps nations in turmoil.
lol, this is the way we have always rolled, we show up and drive the Indians off their land, then we fight each other over slavery and the rights for states to be autonomous.
@GreatMartin (4541)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Be careful what you wish for.
@TheSojourner (17454)
I think this is not relegated only to America. I think it's become a world of such.
How sad to think that hate could unify a nation. I hope that this would never happen.