What's wrong with a little bit of indolence?

@xFiacre (9504)
Ireland
The sound of the sea matched my mood this afternoon - indolent. The waves had hardly enough strength to reach the shore and when they did they broke on it and then just washed down through the shingle on the beach and fizzled out. The air was still, and it was and heavy with the smell of washed up seaweed that was drying in the spring sunshine. Even the gulls seemed indolent as they rode around on currents of slow air, only occasionally being bothered to flap their wings, and most of them just sat on the sea and bobbed up and down a bit.
The gulls were certainly indolent - everyone knows there is no energy expended in bobbing up and down if you're a bird.
@xFiacre (9504)
@judyev I wish I was a bird, but preferably not a seagull.
@xFiacre I think a lark would suit you.
@T_gray (7900)
• Salina, Kansas
I get this way. I have been indolent a lot lately due to the depression kicking in. Eh.
I am indolent quite often, it is part of my problem! if it is an occasional think I am sure it is fine!
It has been so long since I heard the sea. Not even a sea shell to listen to.
The sea sounds so peaceful. I like seeing bird walking and bobbing their heads up and down as they walk around.