Casual Day today!

Well I am working on this wonderful Sunday and decided it was casual day. That is right, jeans and a hoodie and sneakers for this gal. Then again, one of the few perks of my job is that there is no dress code, just "within reason" - no short shorts etc. I usually try to dress up during the week but allow myself to be a little more lqx on Sundays. What is your dress code at work like? If there is no dress code - do you make an effort on certain days to dress nicer than others? Do tell!
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@maezee,I work as a clerk in a company.During office hours I wear white trousers and white shirt.When I have to attend a social function,I like to wear our traditional dhoti and kurta.
Does it bother you or are you used to it?
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
@maezee Dhoti-kurta is our traditional dress.I usually wear dhoti-kurta and have got used to it.It's our cultural dress.
When I was working we had to dress properly.
What does properly mean? Do explain.
@Lucky15 (33423)
Jeans and blouse :)
Thats what I do also. And a little cardigan!
I dress nicer only when I am going out to attend any special wedding or function.
Nice that your job has that level of flexibility
@cherriefic (4390)
• Baguio, Philippines
We dont have a strict dresscode. I like the fact that I can wear jeans everyday.
Me too! I love it! I cant imagine going back to a job where you have to dress nice!
• Baguio, Philippines
@maezee It's gonna be tough to do that everyday. I only dress up when we have a client around.
I taught for over 30 years and the dress code for teachers changed over the years. Before I retired, teachers were allowed to wear jeans on Friday, but the new principle put an end to that. I am glad she did because teachers really are role models for kids and should wear appropriate clothing that fits the importance of the position.
Indeed! That makes sense to me. I talk on the phone for a living so I see no clients in person.