Horror Movies and Books

Georgetown, Kentucky
I am a huge horror fan. The grislier the better. I guess I am an adrenaline junkie when it comes to fear. How many others on here are like me? I am 48 and was about 13 I believe when I was home alone and read a scary book for the first time. It was the Ammityville Horror.
@Raelove (17856)
• Saco, Maine
I like some horror but not the slasher bloody stuff that has no storyline. I remember reading "The Amityville Horror," and I also enjoyed the original film. I've seen some remakes, but I only liked one of them. I've read lots of Stephen King and like most of the movies made from his books, too. It's not so much that horror movies scare me, but more that they make me think about all the different ways that evil manifests itself in the human consciousness. I find that fascinating.
• Georgetown, Kentucky
Steven King is my favorite author.
• Georgetown, Kentucky
I like the slasher bloody stuff myself but I know what you mean about the no story line ones. Especially the ones that look like they were recorded using a 9th graders cell phone.
@Raelove (17856)
• Saco, Maine
@102900wd Yes. And remember the Blair Witch project, with the cameras going everywhere and you ended up seeing nothing at all but people running around? I got bored with that very quickly.
There is a new Amityville Horror movie coming.
• Georgetown, Kentucky
That will be interesting. I am not crazy about the ones that keep making new ones until they are just plain stupid such as Friday the Thirteenth Part VIII Jason Takes Manhatan.
I am a certified fond of watching horror films and read scary books.
@silvermist (20086)
@102900wd I too like horror movies and books.Who is your favorite author?
@Oishi24 (48)
• Kolkata, India
I have gone through a lot of horror movies and books, but I have never found anything that scares me. The closest was a manga based on investigating paranormal activity named Ghost Hunt. And because I don't get scared, I keep on looking for something that does.