Free Poems

@cpefley (1577)
Hemet, California
After the Farmer's Market, my husband and I walked around Old Town Temecula and we encountered a young man (late teens, early 20s) sitting at a desk with an old typewriter churning out poems and allowing people to take them for free. We took a couple, and of course tipped him, and I really loved them. He wrote them all that day, and we were truly impressed. I can only post one picture. This was the poem I picked up. Chasen Mercier, you are a true talent.
That seems a strange thing to do, especially as he was giving them away. It's a sweet poem.
@cpefley (1577)
• Hemet, California
I think he was doing it for tips. I felt guilty not giving him money, and I'm sure other people did the same thing I did.
What a lovely thing that young man was doing Colene! He is great! And how kind of him as well to do so free. Nice he could make a few dollars too with this. A lovely poem. How are you doing my friend? Okay?
@cpefley (1577)
• Hemet, California
I am getting by. When I go silent, I am usually going through something that distracts me from what I love. I was depressed for awhile and sick. I'm finally coming out of it and the future looks bright.
@cpefley (1577)
• Hemet, California
How you you doing? :)
@cpefley Glad to know you are getting well now Colene
What a novel idea. It is fun to see someone think of something completely different than what we are used to.
@cpefley (1577)
• Hemet, California
I wish I had thought of that when I was young. I hope he's making some extra cash, while he's in school :)
@cpefley I would never have been able to churn out several poems in a day. I hope he makes a little money also.
• Eugene, Oregon
Pretty impressive poetry for churning those out like that.
@cpefley (1577)
• Hemet, California
I thought so too. Very talented young man!
@zarlamain (24525)
What a beautiful poem! Very nice!