Life and Death

@1wldngl (3991)
Earlier I mentioned how it has been a busy week. It's also been a trying one. Tuesday night we got a call from my brother informing us that my sister in laws brother, B, had been found dead. We are very close with the man's 9 year old son, H, who is like a cousin to my little boy. B had left on Saturday to go fishing on his parents creek and no one heard from him after that. It wasn't uncommon for him to go off for a couple of days at at time but by Monday his elderly mother was getting really worried. They found him in the creek Tuesday evening. Initially the authorities suspected he had drowned, but the preliminary autopsy report showed he had died of a heart attack or severe stroke. H is doing as well as he can. He didn't live with his parents and had been living with his aunt and uncle for a couple of years now. It wasn't the first time he had been removed from the home and living with the aunt and uncle. He's had a tough life so far but is a really great and sweet kid. Tough news for a wee boy and a lot to deal with. I lost my own father at 8 so I can see what's ahead for him. He's lucky to have a great family to care for him and raise him as their own. The funeral was very emotional as another brother was allowed to come from prison to attend the funeral, which rarely happens. I guess, since he was already in the process of being released for parole they allowed him to attend. What an extended family we have. How was your week?
thats pretty sad, hope the son does ok
@1wldngl (3991)
He's a strong little dude indeed!
Im sorry for your loss, and the boy will have a rough time with his parents as he grows up. well, i hope you take time to see the boy from time to time.
@1wldngl (3991)
Oh we see him every time we get a chance. He spends the night pretty regularly when they have off from school, etc.
That is very sad. That poor little boy sounds like he has already had a lot to cope with.
@1wldngl (3991)
Yes, he has and he's just a really amazing little guy. So compassionate and loving.
It's always sad when a child is orphaned, poor little man.
@1wldngl (3991)
Fortunately he's been staying with his aunt and uncle for a couple of years now. They are like his second mom and dad and he's in a GREAT place. I think this will make things a bit easier on him.
@Marcyaz (35589)
My heart goes out to the little boy and sorry about the loss of his father. My week has been pretty good.