Going off to College in the fall

@mawdest (1413)
Orillia, Ontario
Well, after many years of wanting to go, many times applying (getting accepted most times as well, but simply not going) and even a time where I was SET to go but backed out last minute... This time I am finally going to go in the fall! The program I am going to take is a relatively new one at the college I will be going to. You really have to have a knack for both geography and computers/technology... Which I have both, so I think I will really like this, and hoping it works out for me! It is called "Resource Mapping Technician" but was formerly "Geomatics Technician" they just changed a few things with the program a bit. Anyways, if any of you have some advice you can give me, anything at all, that would be appreciated, thanks! I, also, will gladly hear interesting/funny/cool stories of peoples time at college/university or something of that liking if they care to share :)
@IreneVincent (15896)
Geography is one of my favorite subjects. I'm way too old to go to college but that sounds like a fantastic opportunity to learn about Mapping. I can sit and look at a map for hours. I find it very fascinating. Study maps. that's my advice.
@mawdest (1413)
• Orillia, Ontario
Awesome! Geography is and always has been one of my favourite subjects as well! Nonesense, one is never too old to go to college, haha. I remember a few teachers I had talking about how they were considering going back to college after they were done with teaching, just for the learning experience! Anyways, yes, same here, I am very fascinated with maps as well.. Have been since I was about 12 or so. I have studied maps and will do that more, thank you for the advice, much appreciated! :)
Congratulations and best of luck to you. I love travel, and my love of geography helps tremendously. It sounds like a good field of work that will suit you well. College days are the best before being thrust out into the real world, so enjoy every moment!!! I have more degrees than I can count! Lol!
@mawdest (1413)
• Orillia, Ontario
Thank you very much DianneN! Yes, isn't travelling nice? And how can you not love geography, right? I appreciate the advice. Haha, thats funny
@MGjhaud (20818)
i honestly do not know what resource mapping is all about so im afraid i cant give you any advise on that part. but i would like to congratulate you with your new journey. goodluck on your studies.
@mawdest (1413)
• Orillia, Ontario
That is ok, thanks anyways! Thank you very much, much appreciated!