Waking up at 8 am.

Centralia, Missouri
May not for some, but for me, waking up at 8 am is a rare treat. I will have a slight headache and be a bit muddled for awhile, groggy and all that, since that was some epic over sleeping. Still, I know I needed it. Funny, I forgot to turn off my alarm, so it woke me up at 4:45am. I lay there thinking, noooooo, wait this is Monday I don't work today. So I turned it off, got a drink and went back to sleep. Now I am up, so already dressed, about to grab a snack, then get errands done. I need to swing by the bank, get my hair cut (cant put that off any longer), and grab a few things at the store. The yard needs mowed too (hubby will have to do that, and would have already, but it has been soooo wet).
Getting those extra Zzzzz's probably did your body good. Gosh I need a haircut badly but being the procrastinator that I am I still haven't called for an appointment
finally just hit walmart and got mine done
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
Despite having to be up early throughout my working life, my timing has drifted quite a bit since I retired. There is no longer and need for me to be up early, so I no longer need to be in bed by a certain time. As a result I usually wake up around 10 AM these days.
and that, if I am not working, is a lovely time to wake up!
@Asylum (48224)
• Manchester, England
@Jessicalynnt Friday will be a difficult day because I need to be up at 5 AM.
It's so bad that you missed your relaxed morning. It's wet here too, I should mow the lawn, but I have to wait for a couple of dry days in a row.
he is managing the back yard, which is good, if it gets too far behind it becomes super hard to mow
@dodo19 (33590)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That was lucky. It must have been nice. Honestly I can't remember the last time I slept in until 8. I wish I could do it more often.
I dont get to but 3 days a week if that
It is time to cut our grass too.
he's out working on it now yay! One good thing for him being out of work, I dont have to mow.
Oh waking with a headache is the pits, especially on your day off! Hope it went away fast. I can't wait for the grass to be long enough to be mowed. My husband mows our lawn. I am allergic to freshly cut grass! Yay me!
lol I am not just the last few years he worked and went to school, right now...he has nothing, so he gets all the chores for the most part. He and the carpet shampooer dont get along, so I do that. He also has this "allergy" to putting away laundry, so I sort out mine and the towels and stuff and put that away. his can sit in a basket and get horribly wrinkly, not my problem lol
@Jessicalynnt I don't want my husband to even attempt the laundry. His filthy work clothes go in a load by themselves. I wash my clothes separate from his. Towels with towels, sheets with sheets.
@ElusiveButterfly mine isnt working so really has got to pick up the pace on the chores, sigh
It sounds like you have a busy day. I also had today off and did the laundry and went to the bank and Dollar General. Hope you are having a good day off .
I thought you might have hit dollar general, the 5 off 25 tipped me off, I got that text, just that store is the wrong direction and i never go that way
@Jessicalynnt The 5 off 25 was for our local grocery store.But dollar general does that too. In one trip, I don't usually spend that much at dollar general in one trip. Today it was just under 20 dollars.
@Jessicalynnt Going to Walmart this week to use more coupons on food items and dog treats.
@gudheart (12741)
I hate getting up early even though i know most people get up easily at 8am!
I can. I do not like to do so
@Scindhia (1943)
• Chennai, India
Hope you had a good sleep. Do you like sleeping in?
I am not a morning person, I would much prefer sleeping late and working late, but alas, that is not my current shift
Glad you got some extra sleep this a.m. Even though my husband and I are retired, we still set our alarms. It's the dog! Gotta walk the puppy early in the a.m. She does get us both out there walking and that is a good thing. Hooray for dogs!
I did a short walk with puppy today, he really needs work socializing approp with other dogs
@Inlemay (16875)
• South Africa
Good Morning to you
sun is so bright today I had issues seeing outside, got better sunglasses and that only helped a tiny bit, and now I have a headache. we need to move somewhere not here lol
@Marcyaz (35606)
I di ever better than that I am normally up around 7 but today I never woke up until 8:30am. I guess maybe it was because of the time change and I didn't sleep very well last night.
yeah that time change still messing with my head
It would be nice being able to turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.
Are you home yet from all those errands? Did your hubby get the lawn mowed? Mowing won't happen until next month at the earliest.
@kaka135 (14115)
I woke up at unusual time today too - 6am. I haven't been waking up so late recently, I usually wake up around 2am and feeling too hungry to sleep back, so I just get up. I guess I have been too tired, so it's good that I can now sleep more. But with waking up late, there are a lot of work I can't finish. Hope you'll get your errands done today!
@1wldngl (3991)
Ours goes off at 3:20, when my sweetie gets up and gets coffee, etc. Then I get up at 4 with him, pack his lunch and send him out the door by 4:30 at the latest. Yes ma'am, 8 am is sleeping WAY late for us too. LOL
@alberello75 (18658)
• Genova, Italy
My dentist, said this: "Working to earn, ok, but also not to go crazy!" Now, I have not worked much in the past, in fact I have much spare time. We must in my opinion, have "head" engaged in everything that we do. The nothing-making chronic, eventually feel bad even to me!