A deathly hush.

@xFiacre (10395)
Ireland
South Belfast has fallen eerily quiet this morning. It's 8.30, the time when cars are normally queued up outside my house belching fumes and beating a loud, unmusical hum, but it seems that rush hour has been suspended today. I've checked with my wife and today is definitely Tuesday, not Sunday. Perhaps some child not wanting to go to school has telephoned a bomb alert along his route to the police and they have obligingly halted the traffic. It wouldn't be the first time.
@sol_cee (13229)
• Japan
Then it's a happy Tuesday?
@xFiacre (10395)
@sol_cee Happy indeed. The sun is shining and I'm luxuriating over a hot chocolate in this café.
Sad that one has to think of a bomb scare when the traffic is at a minimum. The world is a sad place these days.
Or perhaps there was an accident somewhere along the route that has sent traffic off in another direction That happened here recently.
It's nice to have a reason when the world is not as it should be.
@Platespinner (18095)
Thanks for reminding me of one of the things I like best about where we currently live. Minimal traffic! We used to live on a busy city street and traffic would back up, belch and disturb the peace much as you have described!