The Washing Machine Is Taking Almost Half The Time Now

Since the washing machine filter was cleaned out, it’s working a lot better. Now the water goes in so much faster. It used to seem to take forever. A load of clothes used to take almost an hour. Now it takes about 35 minutes or so. That’s a big difference. It will save electricity too.
@Asylum (47256)
• Manchester, England
I am in a fortunate position inasmuch as my washing machine does not get a great deal use and therefore is in excellent condition.
we we do not have one.Mike goes to the laundromat.We are too cheap to get one
• Midland, Michigan
We have laundry to do just about every day during the warmer months when we're washing windows, and we don't have the time to take it elsewhere. THis past summer, our drain plugged up, therefore, we didn't have a choice but to go to the laundromat, but it was hard to fit it in as it closed before I'd get out of work.
@Marcyaz (36111)
Yep sometimes we forget about the filter but once it is clean things will run more smoothly. Yep it will save on electricity and cutting back on the time is good also.
@Marcyaz Having the filter cleaned never occurred to me. Glad the repair woman saw how slow the water was and decided to clean it.
So glad you will have that laundry done so much faster. The savings are a good thing too!
@Blondie2222 (18204)
That's good it's working better now. Our washing machine takes an hour to wash and the dryer the same. I just find other things to do while that's going
Its nice when our appliances are working at their peak efficiency, especially the washer or the oven.
• Japan
Now that is interesting. I need to do that with mine too. Never thought about it affecting the time.
With the various settings I usually pick the one that takes 50 minutes, but it's a washer that uses very little water.
@KristenH (20447)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That's great to know. Wow! Talk about a time difference. Is it HE and from Energystar?
@else34 (13656)
• New Delhi, India
@Susan2015,Our washing machine has gone out of order.Don't know what happened.
Did you replace it yourself or did someone come in and do so ? I think ours could benefit from that same adjustment
@enlightenpsych2 The dial wasn't working properly on it. So she put that back in place and she noticed how slow the water was coming into the washer. So she cleaned out the filter and the water coming out is more than double now and takes 5 minutes to fill up instead of 15 or more.
@Susan2015 yeah but where do I find the filter in order to pull it out and clean it ?
makes me wonder what else is wasting power
@Jessicalynnt Yes I thought about that too. Me for one, when I leave a room, need to make sure the light is off!!!
@Susan2015 we have gotten better at that one
• Preston, England
sounds much more effiecent - well done
That will save you time and money.
That reminds me I should run a cleaning cycle for my washer.
@rakski (2585)
oh wow, I think my washing machine needed that too though it does not take so long yet but it has been quite a while since the last clean up of the washing machine
• Midland, Michigan
Where is the filter on your washing machine? did you just find out that this needs to be done, or just never got around to doing it before? I change the dryer filter after every load, but my washer came with the house, and I don't see a filter anywhere on that.
@slund2041 (3494)
It is a big difference. it is amazing how much time you can save just by thing working properly.
That is good that it was a minor problem. We think a spring on our machine broke and so during the rinse cycle, it refills with water and the water goes over the basket and that is why we believe it is leaking on the floor. So we got a pan for underneath it, but need to replace that spring.
Saving electricity is always a god thing. I am glad your washer is working better now.