AI crisis

By chun
@jackchun (513)
Hong Kong
Have everyone thought of AI problem that may arise in the future? When robots can maintain its batteries for longer time and can think themselves. Then they can outweighs human and control the world like terminator 2 !!
@Bluedoll (17074)
Any machine can be used for an ill purpose. At one time people thought man should not fly and that cars were a menace. Are they now?
@pgiblett (6603)
That is what is making me think that governments need to force laws, much like Asimov's three laws of robotics, into how machines interact with people.
@jackchun (513)
@pgiblett Thx! May I know what is the Asimov's three laws of robotics?
@jackchun (513)
Yes, but I think if AI is used in ill purpose, it would be much more terrible!
@sol_cee (14333)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
It's okay. We have Arnold Schwarzenegger. The Terminator guy himself.
@jackchun (513)
It is the only that has his program being altered, otherwise, he is also our enemy.
@pgiblett (6603)
I am very interested in this problem and have actually been researching it very widely. To let you know I am a former programmer and have passed the bar so I am aware of all the challenges involved. To my thinking I don't see robots occurring in the humanoid sense, but artificial intelligence does represent a threat in that it may perceive a machine as doing a job more efficient than people. People are already having their jobs replaced by automation and that has nothing to do with AI, but AI does take this to a whole new level.
@jackchun (513)
Hoping that ai can be controlled in the manner that it will not take over humans' ability. It may need scientists to put more efforts and concern on this issue in the near future.
@pgiblett (6603)
@jackchun To my mind the greatest challenge we have is about putting in new laws NOW that control how AI devices are built and the rules they have to live by.
@jackchun (513)
@pgiblett I agree that the government should place laws to big ai firms to prevent any disasters from happening!