My wedding picture

@rosekiss (30285)
Eugene, Oregon
Since I have been posting pictures of me when I was younger, I thought I would post a picture of me and my ex on our wedding day. It does bring back memories of the best day of my life. At least it used to be the best day of my life. I still care about him, and I am hoping that maybe someday, we might get back together again. If that never happens, then I have excepted it. The church we got married in is the church I grew up going to every weekend. I am happy that I finally found my wedding album, as I can have the pictures to look at. I hope you all enjoy the picture as much as I have over the years.
This is lovely Karen!! I bet it does bring back lovely memories. I hope you get your wish too. That would be awesome!! Does he live near you or far away now?
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
He lives 125 miles from me, so about 2 hours by car. That isn't bad, at all, and we do talk everyday, so it could happen.
@rosekiss Thats not far at all..so good you still talk everyday..one never knows.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@TiarasOceanView No it cetainly isn't, but maybe one day, things will be different. I am also glad that we talk to each other every day, as I do think that he still cars about me, but is afraid to say anyting. Thee has to be something to that, since he calls me every day, at the same time. I am happy to talk to him too.
@AnneEJ (5025)
• Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Quebec
That is a nice picture. Thank you for sharing
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
you are so welcome. It sure does bring back memories, of years gone by, as we got married in 170, so that is why the picture looks so discolored.
That is wonderful photo there.Both of you look so happy there I love your gown and the flowers you have chosen.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you so much. It turned out prettier than what I thought it would, as I really don't like dazies, but the florist did a very good job on all the flowers for the attendants as well as for mine. My gown was only $90 and the vail, $35. I made sure I wasn't going to spend a fortune for my dress, when I was only going to wear it once.
@birjudanak (7160)
You both looking so beautiful and its a always special day for people who going to marry because they are looking for this day, we have here other tradition of marriage..
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do have the pictures and memories, since I am divorced. They are very good memories of that day, memories that I will always have with me.
@rosekiss yes you are right some memory are unforgettable and we cant erase it from life bit while we remember it then it give some happiness to us and we keep it with us ..
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@birjudanak Yes, I do have the memories to hang onto for a very long time.
@Drosophila (16742)
that's such a nice picture of you! :D
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you for saying so. I was only 22 in that picture, and that was so long ago, but you know, I remember my wedding day, like it was yesterday. That might seem odd, but I guess that since it involved me, I would remember it more than if it happend to another family member.
@Drosophila (16742)
@rosekiss you married so young. :) beautiful bride.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Drosophila yea, I got married at the age of 22. My dad really didn't like him all that well, at first, but he did learn to love him later on.
@MGjhaud (20749)
this post gives me so much emotions. i wish you a happy relationship Karen. i love how the flowers were made.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thankyou. I liked the bouquet too, as it was prettier than I ever thought it would be. I don't particularly care for those flowers, but they did make a lovely bouquet.
@MGjhaud (20749)
@rosekiss it caught my attention right away.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@MGjhaud I am sure that it did, as it sticks out a lot. I sure do remember everything about that day.
It's a beautiful picture.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. I just wish the color hadn't faded, as all the pictures were kept in the album. I guess though, since the wedding was in 1970, it would fade. I love all my wedding pictures, faded or not.
@rosekiss Everything fades with time.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@just4him It has been in the ablum too, and the album is on the shelf, so it isn't in the son. At least the pictures are still intact, even though they are all faded.
It's so nice to see happy pictures of ourselves . It brings back the good memories . I suppose , you still love him , because you still like for you two to be together someday .
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
I think you are right, as I do hope that we do get back together again, but I am not going to worry about it if it doesn't happen,, as it really isn't up to me, or him, as it is what God wants for us.
@rosekiss Yes, it will still be God who has the control of how it should be for the two of you .
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@SIMPLYD You are so right. It isn;t up to either one of us, as it is up to God whether we get back together or not. I am not going to be uspet if he says no ,as he knows more than either one of us does. He knows what is best for us more than we know oursleves.
What a lovely dress and bouquet and you both look so happy. I'm sorry it went wrong for you.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you. Things don't always go the way we planned, and that is a shame when it happens, but we just have to deal with things as they come, and hope for best. One good thing though is that we still talk to each other everyday,. We have become very good friends and I am glad about that.
@rosekiss I'm glad that you are on such good terms with him.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@jaboUK Yes, I am too. He said that we needed to be civil to each other for our kids sake.
@MarymargII (9381)
• Toronto, Ontario
I see now that you have those pics out your still holding onto them--teehee! What a lovely photo and your dress it so pretty
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you so much. I am no longer married, as I am divorced, and I am glad that I do have the pictures, as I will always have the memories that will last a life time.
• Toronto, Ontario
@rosekiss You are so right about that- now don't put those photos away yet!- haha!
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@MarymargII They are on the top shelf of my closet, so they are easy to get to. I might start another discussion eventually, but I have to decide what picture to use to post a discussion around it.
@KristenH (23288)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Karen, thanks for sharing your photo. You were a beautiful bride. Sorry to hear the marriage didn't pan out. As a product of divorce which runs in my family (my parents, my aunt and uncle, and my brother and first SIL), I hope you can stay friends with him in some way.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
We have been able to stay friends, and I am glad for that too. He does come to do my taxes for me every year. He also spends the holidays with me and our son and family too.
@KristenH (23288)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@rosekiss That's real good, Karen. Well, that's fortunate. I'm glad it was an amicable divorce and put your children first.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@KristenH Yes, I the kids are first.I am also glad that that we had an amicable divorce instead of fighting, which most people do.
The picture is nice and thanks for telling us more information behind this picture. I am moved to hear that. I hope your dream will come true. Perhaps you shall do something so that you may get back together?
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
We are very good friends, and we talk on the phone everyday. At this point in time, we aren't plannig on getting back together, but that could change in time. I am just used to being alone since 2006.
@rosekiss All the best!
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@youless Thank you so much. I have found that living alone hasn't been all that bad at all, but I have struggled at different times, but things are getting better, and I am so happy about that too.
A beautiful bridal couple indeed. You have aroused my curiosity. If you still are in good books with each other what tore you apart, Ofcourse you can say 'mind your own business'
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
He said that he fell out of love with me and that we were no longer compabile, all after 35 years. I was confused, and still am, but I have forgiven him and moved on without him. I would like to get back together with him, but if it isn't meant to be thet i will accept it. I am glad that we do still talk though.
@rosekiss I am sure it will happen and when it does I can bet that would be the best companionship ever.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@allknowing I sure do hope so. I am content right now to just leave things the way they are, as we get along with each other and that is the good thing.
Great picture. Hope you get your wish.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
I won't stress about if I don't, as we did have a good 35 years, so I do have those memories to keep with me at all times.
@rosekiss ....Sounds like you are still close too.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
@celticeagle Yes we are very close. He will come and do my taxes for me as well. I am happy that we are friends and I am sure that we will always remain friends.
@divssri (990)
• Bangalore, India
Blessed you my friend both are looking awesome.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Thank you so much. I have my wedding pictures as memories, since we are divorced now. We have been divorced for 9 years, and it hasn't always been easy on eitehr one of us, but we are both dealing with it. I am so glad that we do talk to each other.
@PatZAnthony (12344)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is nice that you have your wedding album and some memories you enjoy.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes it is, as without them, the memories would fade, but with picures, they never will fade.
@LeaPea2417 (19054)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is a lovely picture and a lovely memory. You mention below in comments how you two do talk on the phone daily.That is a good sign. I really pray you get back together.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
So do I, but it may not happen, and that is okay too. i will just take each day as it comes, and that is all I can do. I am certainly not going to stress about it at all.
@silvermist (19802)
@rosekiss It is nice to know you two still talk to each other. That is a good photo,though you are looking down.Shy ?
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am shy but I was very happy that day, as we only knew each other for a few months, and then decided to get married, and it lasted 35 years. I am thakful it lasted that long, and hopefully, we will get back together again sometime.
This is a beautiful photo, I hope you can get back together, it would be wonderful.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
I do too, but I am not going to worry about if we don't. I will just be content to leave things the way they are for now.
It is a lovely photo. I'm sorry your marriage broke up. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
@rosekiss (30285)
• Eugene, Oregon
I am sorry it boke up too, but I am still glad that we do talk every day, as I feel that there might still be hope for us yet. I am certainly not going to stress about it, if we don't get back together again. It is up to God anyway, and not up to us.