Surviving Winter in the Middle Ages

I heard about this in the winter but thought i'd talk about it today. A medieval reenactment group set out to find out what it was like for Medieval Russians and Winter. A man was set to live on a small homestead with only tools and clothing that were available in the middle ages. He spoke into a camera once a day for thirty minutes and once a month someone would come to ensure he was still alive. You can read more about it here :
That's pretty cool and, it would be a hard life, sounds like the show I watch the great human race, they go out and, survive the same way our ancestors did all through out different points in history.
THat's a show I probably would like to watch. Only problem is that while we do have cable, I don't particularly like staying in the parts of the house that has it. I'll have to see if I can find it online.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I hear you. I am so relieved to have my own place, if I had to live at big house still I would be the same way and, I think it might be online, but not sure.
@TRBRocks420 Sometimes I hate living here but I do because they will need someoen to take care of them. It would be stupid to move and then have to move back. That is part of it though.
Wow ..I wouldnt say I would want to try this, not at my age. Interesting my friend thanks.
It would be something that would be interested in trying. Perhaps not the hunting for animals, but I could fish maybe. Of course I am not sure how they went about doing that, other then I think netting of some sort.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I could do stuff alright, but I dont think I would be able for the brutal cold in Siberia that is for sure lolz
@TiarasOceanView True, and to think of how much electricity we take for granted. When the power goes out in winter for us we hate it but it's nothing compared to what people without electricity deal with almost all the time.
Glad someone checked on him occasionally. I don't think I would have made it then for very long.
I wouldn't want to be with many people but I'd rather have another person with me at the very least. I can imagine it got to be very very lonely there. I don't know how long I would survive either but I'd be very willing to try.
@ScribbledAdNauseum ...Lonely and alone are two very different things.
@puddleglum (1415)
I enjoy reading about the Middle Ages, but that's about as close as I want to get. Unless you count the "Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament" castles they have in the US. Anyway, that sounds like quite an experience.
One day I am going to be part of a re-enactment I think. I'd love to experience what it was like. I love watching documentaries and reading about it as well.
@Mike197602 (13927)
Looks an interesting site.
I've read several articles on that site before. They have some pretty cool things to read about sometimes.
I would never want to have lived in the middle ages.
Depending on your belief system? You already have. THsoe who believe in past lives and the such. I believe in it myself.