Are you planning a vacation this year?

@ramapo17 (25251)
Melbourne, Florida
It is getting to be that time of year when parents start planning their vacations. Some go during spring break here in the United States and then others wait and go in the summer. My husband and I go when school is in as there are not a lot of kids around then. During the summer places are crowded and it is hard to get seats in a restaurants or any amusement parks etc. Have you started making any plans for this year?
@Platespinner (17046)
We usually plan to go before most schools are out. From what we've read, though, the actual summer months are better for visiting Acadia National Park so we'll be heading in that direction during July (our previous trips to major national parks have been in May or September)
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Platespinner that sounds like fun. I have been to so many places around the world but never really discover the USA. I always wanted to do that but my husband doesn't.
@ramapo17 International travel is a bit too pricey for us at the moment and there is plenty to see domestically!
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Platespinner You are right. I always wanted to travel around the states in the RV we use to have but we got rid of it as it was to expensive a few years back when gas was so expensive.
@LeaPea2417 (21582)
• Toccoa, Georgia
We are going on a Cruise in July for 1 week. The ship cruises to Bermuda.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
2LeaPea where does it leave from. What ship and cruise line are you going on? Is this your first cruise?
@LeaPea2417 (21582)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@ramapo17 It leaves from Boston. It is the Norwegian Dawn ship and it will be the third cruise I have taken in my life.
I've been to Bermuda but we flew. I always wanted to cruise there. Sounds like fun
We used to go to SC for a week, but I can't take that ride thru Atlanta so now we take three 4-day trips a little closer to home - Pigeon Forge, Blue Ridge (Ga) something like that - we go spring/summer/fall. Pigeon Forge is more crowded in spring/fall than in summer.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
It is better to avoid all the popular spots in the summer.
@ramapo17 We don't do 'tourist' stuff no matter where we go - we pick a place by the restaurants!
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
@AbbyGreenhill That is a smart idea. Sometimes you can get a good resort type place that has things to do plus a restaurant and pool.
@mom210 (6779)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Our family likes to go after school has started, sometime in Sept, OCt, Nov so that places are less crowded. I hate to wait.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
Then they take you out of school? What grade are you in?
@mom210 (6779)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@ramapo17 Naw, I am the ma of the crew and our schedule is flexible enough we can adjust as needed
@dodo19 (33316)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to go on a vacation. We'd like too, but we just don't have the money to do so. But we'll find other ways to have fun.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
Good for you. There are ways of enjoying a vacation without spending lots of money.
@dodo19 (33316)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@ramapo17 exactly. We'll find ways to have fun.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
Now that I am retired I intend to take far more than one vacation during the year. Unfortunately I cannot plan anything at present because I am undergoing eye surgery, so the constant series of appointments and treatment disrupt any real plans.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are smart not to take a vacation if your health is not 100%. Save h time for when you are better. Then you will enjoy it more.
@Asylum (48266)
• Manchester, England
@ramapo17 I* would have taken a vacation at this time expect for the fact that my time is occupied due to eye consultations.
No, due to illness, there will be no vacations away from home.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
@marlina I hope whoever is sick gets better soon. It does help to stay put if you are not well.
@cherriefic (4804)
I already have a plan for next week. We go visit my brother and his family to Baguio City. That's the summer capital of the Philippines.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
I hope you have a great time. It is always nice to visit friends and family.
No vacation plans for me this year but I wish I could go somewhere tropical
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
I know what you mean @Marilynda. Any place tropical is what I always look for.
We will vkisit some relatives when we get to Oregon. that will be our vaction.
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
t's always nice to visit some friends and family. We will have to make a trip up to New Jersey as we have a wedding to go to August . I also wanted to go up a few weeks before that to help my daughter move but now she plans on moving earlier. I thought I would fly up and spend a couple weeks and help her and my husband could come up closer to the wedding. I am still thinking about it. A lot depends on when she is moving. M life changes minute by minute. I cannot picture a normal, quiet life, hahaha.
@moffittjc (44567)
• Gainesville, Florida
The kids and I take our annual family vacation at the worst possible time of year, to the worse possible place to go...we go to Disney World every year from Christmas Day through New Years Day. It's the absolute busiest week of the year for Disney World, so we're crazy to keep doing it every year! But it's a family tradition for us, we've been doing it for 16 years now.
@GreatMartin (5365)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I have been on vacation for 16 years--I love being retired!!
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I sure did, next week is srpingbreak and Im leaving next weds on a cruise with my wife and kids for 5 days
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
What cruise line are you going on and where are you going @BACONSTRSXXX?
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@ramapo17 Carnval Cruise to La Romana to play on some of the Caribbean’s most beautiful beaches and lush terrain
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
@BACONSTRIPSXXX You all must be excited. there is so much for the kids to do now a days. The one we just took had lots of kids but there are activities for all ages.
I have always have vacation plans in mind but never speak of them for fear of jinx. Several have had to be scuttled in the past.
You took a nice long ride last year....that was last year wasn't it?
@AbbyGreenhill The Florida trip was last year. But I was scuttled in 2014.
@JohnRoberts I thought it was - although sometimes last year seems like 10 years ago.
I also like going in the fall. Its much too busy during the summer and at least here - we have nice weather until about October. So far for me I am planning a mini trip in the beginning of May to Denver. It should be interesting, I have a friend who lives there and will show me around. Do you have any place in mind for yiur trip?
@ramapo17 (25251)
• Melbourne, Florida
@maezee this is the first time in years that we do t have a cruise booked. We were on one in February and usually we book another while we are on the ship but we didn't this time. I know we will sooner or later. We are going up to New Jersey for a wedding in August so that is something at least. We will probably be gone for 2weeks. It takes us 2 days to get there as we stop over night. It is a 24 hour drive time.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I will be on vacation again come this summer in Auckland.
@rosekiss (30266)
• Eugene, Oregon
Since I live alone, no I am not planning any vacation. My vacation is being in here and working all summer. I dont have the money to go on vacation anyway.
Lol - I'm on vacation at the moment, but that doesn't stop me thinking about a cruise sometime in the summer autumn.
I hope you have fun wherever you go. I'm not taking a vacation this year.
No my friend, no vacations for us this year. I hope you find a really great one that you can share with us here.