From the iPod #18 - "This Corrosion"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Today's installment of From the iPod (#18) comes to us from Leeds, England, where the Sisters of Mercy formed in 1980. After losing his guitarist (Wayne Hussey) and bassist (Craig Adams,) both of whom left after the Sister's debut to form The Mission, vocalist/leader Andrew Eldritch recruited former Gun Club bassist Patricia Morrison and made Floodland, one of goth's all-time great records. Part of what made Floodland so great was the two-song participation of Meatloaf/Bonnie Tyler/Air Supply producer Jim Steinman, whose direction turned "Dominion" and "This Corrosion" into goth classics. The epic, 10-plus minute "This Corrosion" aimed straight at the dance floor, and more than succeeded. The tune was so good it even crossed over into the rotation's of early 80's mainstream dance clubs (at least in Denver.) Don't let the goth tag keep you from checking it out.
Album: Floodland (1987) Genre: Electronic, Rock Style: Goth Rock http://walkingobs.blogspot.com/2010/07/dance-or-die.html
The Sisters of Mercy are borderline 80s hall of famers.
They are totally in. Only two 80's albums, but a ton of great singles.
@Ronrybs (6938)
• London, England
I thought I've never heard of this one, but after listening to it, yes I have just didn't know the name
Luckily, they played this when I saw them.