Hiring a new girl at work 'sigh'

@ricki_911 (19024)
Toronto, Ontario
They hired a new girl at work, and she gets on my nerves. She is one of those miss know it all. I was on break and she kept talking to me. No offense but working in retail break time is a relax and eat type thing and not talking even more. She is in fora rude awakening, she claims she was the head manager at a pet store in Toronto. Now Toronto to our area is a big difference. We are small country living here, and Toronto people are high end snooty. So toronto they spend the money, she was saying when people get puppies they spend $500 - $1,000 on items to start with. I said here your lucky if they spend $200. We are farmers and dogs are working usually. People may spend a little more on food but toys,and carriers they are not spending hundreds on it. Now she was pushing customers to buy things like vitamens. I said most customers will not buy it. You suggest it and walk away. I found her rather pushy, and stupid she didnt know much. Now I assume our hours will drop more.
That isn't good to be pushy ~ hopefully she doesn't drive out customers! I dislike it when people tell me to buy things that I don't want..
@ricki_911 (19024)
• Toronto, Ontario
Me too. She hasn't officially started either. She is still training,so she walked out on the floor while watching/ reading her training.
@ricki_911 Training but acts like she is boss/in control.
@ricki_911 (19024)
• Toronto, Ontario
@infatuatedbby Exactly. through the training while I was on my break she goes read off a question I said I believe its this, she like thats just a stupid question who would ask that.
It sounds like she will not last long.
@ricki_911 (19024)
• Toronto, Ontario
I can guarentee she will start ticking everyone off. She didn't say much to me and I was irritated. I am the most relaxed and open person that works there. She is one of those people who will tell you did it wrong then tell you how she thinks you should do it.
She needs a chance to learn how it is where you are.
@ricki_911 (19024)
• Toronto, Ontario
She claims to have work in the same company but in Toronto. So she should be trained,and knowledge on the basic at least. But she knew nothing which makes me scratch my head. I have worked in several different companies within the pet food stores and still know the basics.