Happy Mail From England

I received a very nice postcard today, actually several, but this one is my favorite. This is Albert Square in Manchester. Hanging baskets of flowers and that beautiful Albert memorial! The statue inside...I'm assuming it's Albert. Cobblestones and lovely British buildings. The two little frogs have returned to live in my mailbox. I have to take the mail out carefully, I do not want to touch them or frighten them even though I get quite a start sometimes when one jumps. That's rural Florida for you! Dinner is at my sister's today, a big St. Patrick's Day celebration with all of us sisters at least a quarter Irish, my mom half and her two next door neighbors are here straight from Dublin! It will be a merry gathering!
@Asylum (48063)
• Manchester, England
I assume that you were uploading a picture which has failed to materialise. Oh well, at least your pet frogs are the right colour to celebrate St Patrick's Day.
@Asylum (48063)
• Manchester, England
I had no sooner submitted the above comment and the image appeared. I bet that you did that deliberately just to make me look a fool again.
@Asylum Ahhhh busted! And wrong again.... It would be nice if the tiny frogs with the long toes were green but they are gray and probably deserve a pinch!
@Asylum (48063)
• Manchester, England
@Jeanniemaries You could always buy a small tin of green paint and spray them for the day.
@Marcyaz (36007)
That is a beautiful postcard from England and very quaint. Have fun at your St. Patrick's Day celebration and with the Dublin crowd there it will be a merry gathering, won't it?
It certainly was! Cecil and Hazel are American Citizens now but love their Irish homeland and are not adverse to breaking into song...
• Merced, California
@Jeanniemaries Very important question.....How is the food there? lol also what did you do over in England?
@Marcyaz (36007)
@Jeanniemaries The Irish do love to sing and party, my children are half Irish.
That is a beautiful postcard. Enjoy the party!
Thanks! I did enjoy the party!
• Merced, California
I have never been to England , i would love to one day take a trip there with my family. What is it like there, how does the food taste? I hope the people there are a lot nicer than they are here. Im going to save up some money now so i can make this trip. Who wants to go with me?
It's always been my goal to visit. I hope it happens one day.
• Preston, England
@davidalicea100 Manchester has many galleries, museums, parks and more bars than you could visit in your lifetime - you'll have a great time here
@arthurchappell Yes, I'm sure I would in the galleries, museums and parks. It looks so interesting and beautiful. I love to explore!
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
It definitely is fun receiving postcards in the mail. That looks a lovely square.
That is a very pretty postcard.
I love postcards, I always have. They just don't roll in naturally so joining postcrossings was the answer, then I found that others like to get them. So I'm happy to exchange with all who want to!
@PatZAnthony (11942)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It sounds like a fun time is planned! Love frogs-
I'm not afraid of them, but I don't want one to jump on me when getting the mail.
Hope you have a great celebration. I wonder if all this postcrossing (I think that is what it is called) will rejuvenate the postal service. In Australia it is being cut back further and further with postage costs going up but less and less deliveries each week.
It certainly can't hurt. It seems like a big organization.
I hope you had fun celebrating your Irish ancestry.
We did! I made the big announcement and my sisters were thrilled.
Sounds like you have a lovely event planned for dinner! Glad you let the frogs set up housekeeping in your mailbox too. That postcard has so many wonderful things on it to view!
It's a great postcard. It's my favorite out of the four he sent but all four were beautiful shots of Manchester. I really loved all four of them.
thank you for sharing the post card there.Have a great dinner with your sister
It was a wonderful Irish meal and I'll post a photo tomorrow
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you. My mother was half Irish, so I'm wearing my green and had corned beef and mashed potatoes, no cabbage for me. Beautiful post card.
It was a great dinner. Corned beef and cabbage, boiled red potatoes and baby carrots. Irish soda bread and a traditional Irish bread pudding with whiskey sauce for desert.
@Jeanniemaries Sounds good. I've had Irish soda bread - quite good. I don't like cabbage so didn't make that with my corned beef and mashed potatoes.
@just4him We actually had two kinds of soda bread. One sweet and one regular.
• Preston, England
I recognised my city's town hall square right away - we have lots of great scenes to send postcards of - hope you get lots more
I did, I was sent three more of Manchester. It's a beautiful city!
@gudheart (12783)
Wow how things have changed in Manchester! I live near there :D