Social Media users attitudes when posting a comment? Aren't you bothered?

By lei
United Arab Emirates
When browsing on social medias like facebook. I see and read a lot of comments, which kind of bothers me. Especially those judgmental comments and those who cuss on people who they don't even know. It's somewhat alarming.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I ignore those kinds of comments. Except that I make mental note of who made them. They say more about the commenter than the person being insulted.
• United Arab Emirates
That's true. but it's sad and at the same time ridiculous. Even though it says more about the commenter, can't help feeling bad for the person being insulted too.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@123TikTalk My hope is that they know enough to take it with a grain of salt.
@Marcyaz (36138)
I just recently had to block a user who sent a nasty video which I did not appreciate nor did I want to see it.
Oh man, not cool. Can you report those accounts an administrator of the site?
• United Arab Emirates
It's disgusting how people use social media to torment other people, some of them are even obsessive which is alarming.
@Marcyaz (36138)
@Cintronwriter I have no idea I just block them and then i don't have to deal with them again.
I just try to be the bigger person and either ignore the comment or I am super kind to them.
• United Arab Emirates
The best thing to or else we get bashed too.
• Denmark
Then stop browsing and you won't be bothered anymore. Easy.
• United Arab Emirates
Yes, that would be a good idea, except that's what people on social media usually do.
• Denmark
@123TikTalk There is life outside social media, too.
That is my feeling all together. Last time I checked, we're the owners of our eyes and accounts.
I cancelled my FB account 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Most people use the excuse that FB is the way they keep in touch with family and friends. Email is an easy way to keep in touch with family and friends and photos of family can be attached to that email. I just think even those who get upset about things that happen on FB do like enjoy the drama that FB provides. Email is definitely the way to do it if drama is to be avoided.
• United Arab Emirates
I have to agree with you. I like using facebook though. Cause I can check on whats happening to people without even asking. I usually follow crime feeds, news and talk shows. Probably that is why I read a lot of upsetting comments.
@Shiva49 (9049)
Some people use social media as an outlet to rid their frustrations with a take 'off with his head" without a second thought - siva
• United Arab Emirates
Sad reality.
@rina110383 (21980)
That's the reason why I don't use Facebook.
• United Arab Emirates
Good for you
@Bluedoll (16227)
What is facebook? Never heard of it.
The obscurity of the Internet allows people to say what they want without recourse. We have power to move our eyes away from negative and rude comments. Would social media be called "social" if not for people chiming in from all walks of life?
• United Arab Emirates
Exactly. No it won't be, but then you just can't help but wonder how rude/disrespectful can those people be with those around them.