How Bad is Texting and Driving?

@nanette64 (18081)
Fairfield, Texas
You are not going to believe this one. A guy runs out of gas on the side of the road. He walks to the station, fills up the container, goes back to the car, puts the gas in the tank, goes to get back into his car and BAM. He is sent flying over his car and his left leg is completely severed from his body. Who did it? Some broad too busy texting on her cellphone to apparently pay any attention. The driver behind her saw her with the cellphone balanced at the top of her steering wheel. Apparently she had been weaving all over the road prior to her hitting this guy. She was arrested and guess what she plans on doing. Fighting the charges in court. Are you kidding me? She almost killed the guy; he's in serious condition and missing a leg. Someone needs to take her cellphone and shove it up her..........
Oh dear, what a slag she is!!! That poor man now is going to suffer all his life.
@sugartoes (43227)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView that's how these people are that don't care about anyone but themselves,take a LOOK at the video I POSTED on here.
@sugartoes I see it, people are evil.
@sugartoes (43227)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView no it's just the way we have been DONE That makes us act the way we do I'm not evil but I do have my moments where when I've had enough of being done wrong it's time to change but there are some that just don't have sense.
@ashulove2 (127)
• Akola, India
Oh its so sad
@Marcyaz (35592)
What a horrible thing to have happen. I hope in that state texting is against the law and she needs to be held accountable for what she has done. I am glad there was a witness who saw her texting.
@sugartoes (43227)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz it is a LAW about this in ALL the states EVERYWHERE but some how & way it just not being REINFORCED strong enough to make the one's held accountable for their actions which needs to CHANGE
@Marcyaz (35592)
@sugartoes Well then I hope this is the case that changes and makes people accountable.
@sugartoes (43227)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Marcyaz like I said we need STIFFER laws on such thing cause it would SURE show others how dangerous it is which they SHOULD already KNOW BY NOW did you see the video I put on here ??
Its too bad the guy who saw her texting didn't blow his horn over and over and over and call the cops on her. They all claim not guilty...
@sugartoes (43227)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@AbbyGreenhill it don't make any matter to those on the phone cause they DON'T hear anything but what they WANT TO HEAR which is really sad too & then when they get into a wreck it's all about everyone ELSE'S fault instead of the person on the phone.
Amazing that someone would have no concern for the welfare of others by driving and texting. We have a law against doing so in IL, but the law is never enforced. Hope this woman gets a lot of years behind bars.
@sugartoes (43227)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Corbin5 I'm right there with you on this one all the way. I posted a video on just how inconsiderate people can be
• Eugene, Oregon
Criminal charges and he will no doubt sue her as well. I hope she had insurance for his sake.
See stuff like this gets me really upset. I bet she was not ever scratched while this man forever has to suffer. This is wrong and should not ever be excepted. Stuff like this should be jut charged guilty and life. no trial needed.
@Lazyblogs (495)
• Chandigarh, India
This is really bad
Stupid idiot! How awful for that poor man. It was bad enough that he ran out of gas, too! I hope she loses her court battle and goes to prison for years.
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm with you there @DianneN . I am so sick of the texting and driving thing.
@nanette64 People should know better by now!
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
@DianneN I think a lot of it would stop if on the first offense people were fined $1,000. Second offense would be 30 days in jail. You can bet your sweet bippy that it would stop in a heartbeat.
@RussTeed (1503)
Wow, that guy is really out on a limb... OMG that was bad!
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm going to hunt you down @RussTeed . lol. You naughty boy.
@RussTeed (1503)
@nanette64 You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down, lol
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
@RussTeed Now that's what I'd call teamwork.
@brokenbee (8191)
Awww that is the problem with some. I have rode a public vehicle yesterday and the driver was busy using his phone that he did not hear the passenger who asked him to stop. Another passenger reminded him not to use his phone while driving.
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
Holy crap, are you kidding me @brokenbee ? He is responsible for the lives of his passengers. I'd turn him in to his boss.
@brokenbee (8191)
@nanette64 that happened for real. Yup, he's responsible that's why one of the passengers reminded him not to use his phone. He even seemed to be annoyed when he was reminded.
@PainsOnSlate (20659)
If only those who do that and get caught actually have to pay more than money...a few years in jail for example, maybe others would think twice about texting and driving. I hope she doesn't get off easy...
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too @PainsOnSlate . And I hope the guy sues the pants off her.
@LeaPea2417 (22412)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is awful!! And I hope that guy sues her for all she is worth!
@nanette64 (18081)
• Fairfield, Texas
I do too @LeaPea2417 . People just don't care unless and until it affects their wallets.
@Blondie2222 (22724)
Yes it is bad i see it all the time. It can wait texting is not important when driving. I hope she gets the charges she deserved and this guy will be okay.
@mawdest (1507)
• Orillia, Ontario
That is horrible! I think texting and driving is ridiculous and I understand people of all ages do it, but am especially ashamed of the people of my generation that do it! I do not stand by such behaviour. Anyways, hopefully the woman gets punished accordingly, I feel awful for the man!
@rina110383 (24069)
The nerve! That person must get the best lawyer to represent her if she's serious in fighting the charges against her.
Wow that poor guy. At least it was only his leg and not his life. That woman should be in jail! It is so NOT OK to text and drive.
I wish that cell phones couldn't work on the drivers side of the car.