My daughter me, and my grandson on a roller coaster

@rosekiss (30284)
Eugene, Oregon
I had gone several years ago to see my daughter in St Louis, and we did a lot of things together. One thing we did was go to Six Flags, which is an amusement park there. There was one ride that we kept going on, and it was a roller coaster called the mine ride. At the bottom of the last slope before the end, there is a camera installed that will take a picture. I decided to buy two pictures, which are about the same, so I picked this one. I never realized that it got my expression too, which as you can see is very funny. I hope this picture makes your day, as it has mine.
What a great time all three of you are having! You are so brave. I have a fear of heights and never have made it onto a roller coaster due to fear.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
I donm't know if I would go on them now, but back then I would. When I saw the picture and saw my expression, I couldn't believe how I looked. That was my favorite roler coaster there, and I had the bedst time ever.
@howard96h (11663)
• New York, New York
@Corbin5 Don't feel bad, so do I. I prefer to watch everyone else flying around on that thing - NOT ME!
lol looks like a fun, but also very scary time.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
It really wasn't that scary, but it was lots of fun. I had the best time ever.
Great picture. Interesting they have cameras taking pictures. I love your expression.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
It was to me too, as when we were going down, that is when the camera snapped the picture. I am not sure at my age if I would ever do that again, but I did enjoy it when I was younger.
@rosekiss I'm not a roller coaster person. However, Six Flags Great America in Chicago has the Log Run and that one is fun. It doesn't feel like a roller coaster until the last drop of thirty feet.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@just4him The one in St Louis has a log flume too and it was fun too. There were several rides that I eally liked there, and another one was called Thaunder River. That one was a lot of fun too. There were other rides that I likd that I can't think of the names of them, but there was also one that was so much fun, that when it was hot, we would ride it, as when we got to the bottom we would get soaked. I loved it.
@howard96h (11663)
• New York, New York
Love the pic, looks like you all had a great time. I love the expression!
@howard96h (11663)
• New York, New York
@rosekiss Do you have this pic framed somewhere in your house?
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@howard96h No, I have it in one of my dresser drawers. I never thought of putting it on the wall, as I have plenty of pictures up already. I will just leave them in my dresser, so that they don't fade and get damaged.
@howard96h (11663)
• New York, New York
@rosekiss Oh this pic is priceless, I would frame it and stick it somewhere so you can always admire it - you should share it with others too. What's great about it is the photo is not posed, it was a shot that caught your actual reaction to the ride at that moment.
I had forgotten about Six Flags. Haven't been in years. This picture sure looks like you three are enjoying yourselves.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
We sure did. We kept riding it over and over, since we liked it so much. That is one day that I will remember for a long time, as I have the pictures to remind me of that day.
@rosekiss ...That is the nice thing about pictures.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@celticeagle Yep for sure, as they don't lie for one thing, and they do have memories attached to them.
@gudheart (12755)
Oh that looks like the log flume we have here and it is my fav ride :D
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
This one is actually the mine ride coaster, as it is wooden. I did go on the log flume, but I don't think I had my picture taken on it, as I don't think there was a camera mounted on the ride. I rode lots of rides beside this one, and I had a blast.
@gudheart (12755)
@rosekiss oh right. I love the log flume :D
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@gudheart That was my favorite ride of all, and also another called Thunder River. On hot days, it felt good to get wet.
You are certainly enjoying yourself!
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yes I was. I don't remember exactly how many times we rode it, but it must have been a half dozen times. By the way, the boy in the picture is my grandson, and he is graduating from high school in May, so time has really flown by since I was there, as I think it was over 10 years ago this picture was taken. I sure will have the mmories of it.
@rosekiss It's a lovely memory to have, and this picture will make sure you never will forget it.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@jaboUK You are right about that. My expression will help that is for sure.
@ShyBear88 (17052)
In love roller coasters. I hope to go on this year since this is one of the few times in the last 5 years that we are going to ceader point and I'm not pregnant. My 5 and 3.5 year old said they are going to go on the little one that is a dragon or it might be snoopy roller coaster.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
When I was living with my dad, he took, me to cedar point and i loved it. I am sure it is a lot different now though, as I was there 50 years ago. My dad didn't ride any rides, but I sure did.
@ShyBear88 (17052)
@rosekiss was their a train back then. Ever since my husband could remember he has gone almost every year and er go almost every year as long as we are there for the reunion we get up there before Friday go as a big group take the kids through the park. They love riding the train it does a small part of the park but they love to relaxed and taking it to a certain point and we get off.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@ShyBear88 Yes, they do have a train, since the park is really big, and it hleps to be abe to get off where we want to. It does save a lot of walking, that is for sure.
@birjudanak (7158)
Wow you all looking so happy by enjoying rolla coaster as i am fear of it while i vist one park in last year but you looking so happy with your daughter and grandson , i hope you enjoy it...
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
It was a day that I will never forgett, that is for sure. The day went really to fast though, as they normally do, when I am having fun.
@rosekiss yes while we enjoy day with friends and family then it pass very quickly and we dont know how time pass so its happiness moments..
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@birjudanak I never do worry abou tthe time when I am having fun, as that is normal.
Yay I been to that park that exact one as a matter of fact and saw KC and the Sunshine Band years ago. I never would get on that roller coaster. Excellent photo, who took it??
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
There was a camera mounted at the bottom of it , and when it got to that point, the camera would take the picture. Of course I did have to pay for thm, but I dont remember as to how much as it was just to long ago.
@rosekiss Oh I see Karen.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@TiarasOceanView We knew the cmera was there, and we decided to ride it so we could have our pictures taken.
How i wish i have the courage to ride a roller coaster and other rides that will take you on a high level . I admire your courage in taking one . The way you reacted , you seem a bit scared yet so happy . I am envious .
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
I wasn't a bit scare, as I really did have lots of fun, and it is a day, that I will never forget. Now that I am older, I am not sure I would want to go on a roller coaster.
@rosekiss I guess by now , you will have trepidation of riding it again .
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@SIMPLYD I am just not as young as I was then, so yes, I have a lot of trepidation, and mor ethan liely I wouldn't want to ride it again. I do play roller coster tycoon on my ipad, and I can set the camera to ride them, and that is about all I want to ride is the virtural ones.
@Lucky15 (33429)
Will stick to ferris wheel.for now. Lol
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yea, that is the safest one, as we don't get dizzy, and the sights are nice up in the air.
@Lucky15 (33429)
@rosekiss only that gping down feeling like mybheart is left up. Haja
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Lucky15 Yea, it felt like my heat was going to jump into my stomach, but it sure was fun, and that iw why I went on it over and over. We went on the ride several times that day. Would you bleiieve, that this picture was taken over 10 years agoi? I can't hardly believe it, but the grandson in the picutee, he is graduating from high school next month, so time has really gone fast.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Wow, nice feeling though seems scary riding on this hehehe,but enjoy to the max.What a great moment with your loves.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
It sure was, and it is one day that I will remember for a very long time.
@cacay1 (32537)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rosekiss I so sure of that every happiness made worth to remember for a life time.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@cacay1 It is nice to have memories expecially when it comes to family members passing away. I am still glad I have the picruress though, as they are memories in themselves.
We also loved the mine ride but unfortunately the renovation of one of our older amusement parks here called Cedar Point, that ride is getting shut down and pulled out . . . long lost memories going with each piece of wood and steel, bye bye
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
When I was 18, my dad took me to cedar point. I am sure it has changed quite a bit since then, as that was 50 years ago. It is probably much bigger now too, as it was huge then, and had some big roller coasters. There was one I liked and it was called the Blue Streak. It probably isn't there anymore though.
@rosekiss I think the Blue Streak is still there but it has had work done to it since it was one of the first all wooden roller coasters way back even before you were born, Cedar Point has been around a long time.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@enlightenedpsych2 I loved it, but now that I am older, I am not sure I would wnat to ride the coasters anymore. They are just to scary at my age.
You looked as if you were enjoying the ride! Not sure that would be one that I would take.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
I was enjoying it very much. So much so, that we rode it several times that day. It was my favorite ride except for the log flume. I loved that one too, but there wasn't a camera mounted on that one, but I wish there were. I would have had a pictture taken on the log flume too.
@rosekiss My husband wants to go the theme park near his aunt's house. I am not that adventurous.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@ElusiveButterfly The day I went with my daughter to Six Flags in ST Lous, was so much fun, and I hated to see it end. I am not sure ow, though, that I would ride a roller coaster. I would ride a ferris wheel though, and maybe a merry go round, but fast rides, forget it.
@Marcyaz (35756)
Were you scared and screaming or just happy? Cool that you were able to take a picture or two.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
I wasn't scared at all. I was sceaming as I was having fun.
@Marcyaz (35756)
@rosekiss great good you had such a good time on that roller coaster.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Marcyaz Boy, did I ever. I think that is why we all decided to ride it more than once, as it was a lot of fun. I know one thing, that the day, just went to fast, as it was over before we knew it.
@mom210 (6523)
• Atlanta, Georgia
we love six flags and try to go yearly. What a fun place
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
My daughter loves it too, and the day I went, it was such a fun day, even though it did rain and thy had to shut the rides down. It really poured, but it felt good, as I was hot and I didn't mind getting wet at all.
@mom210 (6523)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@rosekiss at least when it rains the lines are shorter because a lot of people do not want to get all wet. Like they won't dry or something
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@mom210 the day I was there, it really rained hard, and a lot of the rides they shut down, but then I think we were about ready to leave anyway. At least it didn't rain when we first got there.
I am so scared of roller coasters. I can go on ones with water though!
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
Yea, I like the log rides too. They are mild and don't go fast, but I did get wet once when it was going down to the bottome. It did feel good though, as it was hot the day we were there. I just wish the day hadn't ended so soon, as I had the best fun ever.
@rosekiss Hehe - I love water rides! But the ones without - I get a headache. Good to go during the Summer time! (or like you mentioned when it's hot!) Glad you had a blast! Maybe you'll visit again sometime in the future again!?
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@infatuatedbby I would certainly like to, but not sure I will be able to. It is okay though, as I am older now, and rides like that would make me sick.
@divssri (990)
• Bangalore, India
wow you seems to be so enjoyed, i also want to visit amusement part very soon.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
It was a very fun day. I didn't want it to end, and not sure I will ever get back there again, but at least I do have the memoreis of that day, and I will hang onto them, that is for sure.
@divssri (990)
• Bangalore, India
@rosekiss yes we never want to get back from such place.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@divssri I know I didn't. I enjoyed myself so much that the time just flew by. I tried to make the most of it, and rode the rides as much as I could. I rode this ride more than once. It was a great day all the way around, that is for sure.
@Lusye28 (230)
• Bulgaria
You seem so happy together. Looks like you had a lot of fun time.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
I certanly did, and the day went way to fast. That is the way it oges though, when we are having fun, it goes faster than we wnat it too. When we are bored, then it goes so slow.
@Lusye28 (230)
• Bulgaria
@rosekiss That's absolutely true. I'm not sure which one is better, though, to feel bad and slow down time, or have fun and don't even notice how time goes. I usually go with the second one.
@rosekiss (30284)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Lusye28 I agree with you that we never did worry about the time while having fun, but it sure did go really fast, to fast, and before we knew it, it was time to go home. i guess it is ture what they sasy though, time does fily when you are faving fun.