Lead: It Isn't Just A Flint Problem

Today the calls for Michigan Governor Snyder to resign have reached a fever pitch even while the focus is on Flint, Michigan there are 2 things to consider . 1. Congress banned lead water pipes 30 years ago 2. Hundreds of cities and children have been in danger for decades. For example: Sebring, Ohio; Washington DC; Brick Township, N.J; Durham and Greenville, N.C.; Columbia, S.C.; Jackson, Miss. AND hundreds of School Systems nation wide So now here is the question: Why is one Governor being held responsible for the inaction of EVERY leader who remained silent over the past 30 years (From the Whitehouse to the Schoolhouse)? For the details I have attached one of the many articles that are out there. Don’t believe it? Do a search similar to the one I did and read a few of the articles. I used the phrase ‘US Lead In Water’. What do you think?
Log In To save articles or get newsletters, alerts or recommendations – all free. Don't have an account yet? Create an account » Subscribed through iTunes and need an NYTimes.com account? Learn more » Need to connect your Home Delivery subscription to NYTi
He is being held responsible because everyone has to put the bl aim on someone one and he is the one.
@jstory07 I understand that but it should be someone higher don't you think? Otherwise it is simply 'Scapegoating'.
Isn't it about time to stop pointing fingers and laying blame and if the congress banned lead pipes all of these years ago, time to tap into the funds that they would have put into place to replace these pipes? This fighting has to end, it is not achieving anything from what I can understand.
@Juliaacv So true! To fix it will now take longer because of Laws and regulations put in place by the very group having a hearing now and attacking people from their opposing party over it.
Yes, I saw also that article about all the lead in the schools, daycares, etc all around the place Bernie. This is a terrible crime. No I dont know why it is just one guy to be held responsible, they should ALL be held responsible for their part in it, whoever they are.
@Berniezeitler Yeah I mean come on Bernie..all had to know something surely..I feel for the people affected.
There is definitely more than one guilty party.
@alberello75 (17902)
• Genova, Italy
These problems sometimes occur even in Italy. I hoped that of course these things, in USA were going decidedly in a better way. Unfortunately, however I realize that, how it is said "The whole world is country!" In italian: "Tutto il mondo, è paese!"
It should be the ones that were there in the beginning getting the blame.