What does your relationship mean to you?

@sugartoes (41954)
Greencastle, Indiana
One evening a lady made dinner after a long hard day of work she placed 4 slices of burnt toast infront of her husband he noticed the burnt toast off the bat but didn't say anything he started eating the toast with a smile on his face & asked how her day was, she just looked at him with a frown smile. Shortly she apologized for the burnt toast she had made for him he said with a smile don't worry about it hun, I love burnt toast after a little bit later they both went to bed for the night, she asked do you really like burnt toast? He looked at her & smiled slightly & said you had a long hard day & your tired, I understand that. burnt toast don't hurt anyone but the wrong words can be a real deal breaker in a relationship. life is full of demands on people & never take for granted of one another in a relationship, life can be full of unexpected things just love one another & never give up. Accept the mistakes & Appreciate the Differances this is the MAIN TWO things that will keep a realationship strong
a lesser-known (but imho the best) version of his biggest hit, from one of the best albums he ever made--if you can find it, grab it.
Being honest and trusting is so important in a relationship.
@Drosophila (16702)
agreed
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Drosophila when you get a spouse that knows how to treat you & love you for who you are & not try to change you into something else
@Drosophila (16702)
@sugartoes The "not wanting you to constantly improve" means a lot.
My husband wouldn't eat the burnt toast. He does eat what is put in front of him. He will try any dish I make. For that I know he loves me. We have our ups and downs When we ventured into this relationship we both knew it may require more work due to our 19 1/2 year age difference. I gave him plenty of opportunity to back out. We will be together 6 years at the end of this month. Yes, it is a lot of work, but we love one another and keep on working at it.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElusiveButterfly HOLY SMOKES I'm glad at least you got the meaning of what this story was about & what the meaning of it stood for congrats on your relationship I understand the age gap there but it's not the age that matters it's the effort you put into it to make it work. me & my husband has a age gap of 13 yrs apart & this sept will be 30 yrs together.
@sugartoes some days are more challenging than others. As long as you love each other, respect the fact that we are both individuals with opinions of our own, and unite as one when the going gets tough, it works out in the end.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@ElusiveButterfly you got that right we have sure had ours, yes all in all it does work out in the end with goods grace & our faith it all that happens in a relationship
@MGjhaud (20682)
love, understanding, and kindness. all i could think of to have a peaceful relationship and full of respect.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@MGjhaud you are SO RIGHT it takes a lot of effort & understanding & openness & yes kindness to make something great to happen & last a lifetime me & my husband has a 30 yr relationship that we have been working on & we're 13 yrs apart on age & there's not a lot of people can last that long in a relationship cause their too much about themselves than the relationship & spouse.
@MGjhaud (20682)
@sugartoes congratulations on your long lasting relationship.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@MGjhaud thank you it's been a struggle to get here
@Drosophila (16702)
What's really needed in a relationship is empathy and ability to share.. without that, no relationship can go miles.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Drosophila you are SO RIGHT about that
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Though I completely agree with that but... For discussions sake - Accept the mistakes & Appreciate the Differances this is the MAIN TWO things that will keep a realationship strong I mean, for how long you should keep accepting and appreciating the differences? Sooner or later you may realize that it was not worth it. The sooner you realize this, the better for all. The later you realize it, you would have not only left yourself with too little options but by then, the other person involved too would have suffered a lot.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@thesids the whole point of the topic here was to realize how much you love your spouse & how much you'd do for them, some will go to no end for their spouse's but those that want & care about where their relationship is going they'll do all it takes to save the relationship IF they see it's worth saving & you never know how a relationship will go without trying your all on BOTH SIDES to make it work. it takes work & effort & a heart to make something worth keeping in life.
My husband would have not said words that could hurt me, but for sure he would have not eaten the burned toasts.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LadyDuck maybe not on any of that would he have done, but the point of the story IS where does our hearts lie on being honest & OPEN & what we put into our relationship.
@VivaLaDani13 (21556)
• Perth, Australia
I read this recently on Facebook. I was reading it wondering why it sounded familiar lol I think it's a wonderful thing, relationship or not, when people just understand each other and understand that no one is perfect. That we can also accept each other at our best and our worst.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 you said you read this on face book ? on my page? it takes a lot of work & understanding & faith to make a relationship last fir as long as you want it to we have had our ups& downs 4 sure
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes No. Someone else posted it, only it was worded a bit differently.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 well I'm glad it wasn't wrote the same as the other one cause I SURE didn't copy it I wanna say good morn but I may be off huh on that one?
@Morleyhunt (20282)
So true. The words said in the heat of the moment can't be unsaid.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
kinda hard to take back what we say after we done said them huh??
@Morleyhunt (20282)
@sugartoes that saying, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me, is so not true. My most grievous hurts have been spoken.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Morleyhunt I'm sorry, I take it you have been done wrong by someone??
@Daljinder (22072)
Dang! I want a husband like that. Understanding, caring and supportive. I do understand that it takes two to tango. So, hopefully when I do get married I would keep that in mind.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder I guess you would want one that cooks & serves you at every want & whim too right? the one I have is a one in a million these days.
@Daljinder (22072)
@sugartoes Nah! I just want one who wouldn't order me around, who would respect my wishes.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder just keep looking you MIGHT find one like that
@miniam (9235)
• Bern, Switzerland
Wish many people had this kind of understanding and being able to answer sweetly even if all is not best,what a wonderful place the world will be
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@miniam thank you I do agree with you people can be so rude & mean to each other that it has really caused a real nasty & cruel place to be now days
@rina110383 (24072)
That is such a sweet story. I could have done the same or even worst because I can't cook.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@rina110383 ha ha ha it's really not about how we cook it's how we treat our spouse & our relationship, but don't feel bad there's a lot of us that can't cook but at least try.
• Mumbai, India
That's lovely.
@sugartoes (41954)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Karjivkaran thank you, Love with all your heart & never give up times have a way to get us through the roughest spots in life & we have SURE had our share of them but we never give up. Just give it your ALL & always be there for each other everyday never fight over the small things & never go to bed mad either always say I love you even if your mad at him it does help