Work was okay

By JJ
It wasn't really busy but I had enough to keep me occupied for a few hours which is better than no hours. Some of the sumo suits were really muddy and some came back wet and they stank like someone hadn't bathed for a few weeks.
lol, I would assume sumo suits often come back stinky
Not so bad during the winter, but the suit material doesn't "breathe" and summers are nasty
@JolietJake I'd be wearing methol nose plugs.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Wow, this is deep! Do you wash all of the sumo suits, regardless of how stinky they are when they come back to you? Have you ever had one you couldn't save, like in the Seinfeld stinky car episode?
They all get sprayed down with cleaner/disinfectant and wiped down...I had one that someone's cat had peed on (at least that's what it smelled like) and it seriously took [i]months[/.i] to get all the odor out. I'd clean it, throw it to the side, check it in a few days...it was nasty. There's this trim that is a 'belt' on the suit, it has this styrofoam batting in it...I had to end up removing it finally to get rid of it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@JolietJake Sounds a little more difficult than "tossing it in the wash."
• Lakewood, Colorado
I avoid all suits that stink.
We get some back in the summer that positively reek...you can smell them before you open the package
• Lakewood, Colorado
@JolietJake I cant.
@slund2041 (3496)
Sounds like you need to scrub those sumo suits to get the mud and smell off of them.
That's my job. I clean them before repacking them to ship out for the next rental.