My cat can't decide to go in or out

By JJ
I wish he could put his leash on himself because he really interferes with my mylot time because he wants out and 15 minutes later wants in and 5 minutes later wants out again but gets scared of the mail truck and comes back in and then wants out again. Cats are weird.
I wouldn't have the patience to put up with continually letting him in and out. Scar's lucky I'm not his pet.
There are some days he's horrible about it, I literally want to scream 'MAKE UP YOUR MIND!'
@JolietJake Have you ever tried tethering him and leaving him outside. I suppose that's inviting danger or accidents. You're very patient.
@JudyEv He doesn't want to stay out on the lead. He sits and howls at the door until I let him in. I've tried ignoring him, but he is LOUD. Strangely enough, it is at night and during the early morning that he will go out and just sit in the yard for an hour or two...it's like he's waiting for the squirrels to show up or something...
• Lakewood, Colorado
Yes cats are strange creatures but so lovable. I hope to have a cat one day JJ. We are not allowed animals here at this place unless we pay a rental fee for them every month and on top of that a hefty deposit.
Scar makes sure I don't forget him while I myLot...
• Lakewood, Colorado
@JolietJake They love to be near and to be warm and toasty..the little love he is your buddy no doubt. Do you have a printer? I once lived in a house with a cat that messed non stop with the printer lolz
@TiarasOceanView I had one with buttons on top and he was always turning it on and printing test pages
@slund2041 (3497)
I have never tried to walk a cat on a leash. Was it hard to train your cat to get use to leash?
I actually thought Scar wouldn't like it at all, he's pretty hyper, but I sat with him a few minutes, he tested his limits (it's a 20 foot lead) and then everything was fine. It's on a stake in the yard, the end will reach into the house about 6 ft inside the door, I just clip it on him and open the door to let him out (or back in).
No, cats are just independent minded and often act on whim. He'll calm down and snooze for awhile leaving you in peace.
If he'd learn to snooze when I do, it'd all be good, but no, he has to sleep all afternoon and then start wanting out at 2:30 in the morning, and that dude is LOUD.
@rina110383 (21987)
Maybe Scar was a girl in his past life.
@Lusye28 (199)
• Bulgaria
That's their charm. Cats are independent, they have their own opinion about everything. And even if it seems strange, it makes sense for them.
the thought of a cat on a leash is weird
• Pleasant Hill, California
If you scratch him just right, he'll sit on your keyboard for hours and purr.