Crab C akes and R ice, Mixed veggies, Nice Lunch

Garden Grove, California
have always loved Crab cakes and this was truly delicious, cooked to perfection and rice which I can eat very little and mixed veggies. Aslo lentil soup which ate in stead of th e mixed veggies.Rlce I can not eay a lot of as its high sugar content.I usually just leave t as I canot eat more than a teaspoonful or it shoots my blood glcose off the scale. It is so salisfying to know we wll have some great meals now and Now I must watch my caloric intake so I do not gain back any weight. '
You are lucky to have such good meals, as I remember that before you were not very happy with the food.
n efore th e food was pretty bad and they did not seem to care. our adult childern came the ombudsman for retirement cents and made a loud protest and thenew owners really have rallied to better meals now
The rice turns into sugar upon metabolism , don't confuse readers by stating it is full of sugar-- starch converts ! BUT I am glad you enjoyed the lentil soup, one of my favorites !
that I assumed most anyone would know with a high school ed ucation of couirse it has to digest before it t;urns to sugar but a l ot of people cannot eat rice because its too high on the glycemic index you think im elderly and uneducated I have a college d egree BA in English so do not be so condescending to me I do no appreciate it.
@Hatley glycemic index was something I finally learned in the 11th grade as part of Anatomy and Health education but I did know long before that since dad was a doctor--- I just wanted clarification for others who might not have known. thanks @Hatley
@enlightenedpsych2 in my area the hospitals offered free diabetic seminars led by a nurse dia betic educator and we learned a lot about diabetes and about how we all felt about having the diseaseYou learn a lot about yourself and about others too and made a lot of new friends. your dad was a doctor so was mine b ut a small town do ctor and he made house calls ou t in the country we lived then in South Dakota that was a long time back now.
• Pensacola, Florida
Eating one or two cheat meals isn't going to mess up your weight that much.
that is very tr u e and I have taken to walk more just herein the building as ikts alarge facility
• Pensacola, Florida
@Hatley Do you guys have plenty of activities through our the day. I worked at a facility in my late teens, and they had an awesome activity schedule.
@lexiconlover we used to but then or actvities directer quit and it has n0t been the dam since b ut as i have a c omputer I havenot been much for their acitiv iteiks as I m on my.lot sanmd I love it
I love crab cakes and make them myself all the time. That is good that you are having better meals now.
Yeds lve thm too and I think they are good for us too. Im so happy that at last soeone cares about our feelings towards the food.
I love these things. They are expensive to buy so I don't very often. It is good that you have good cooks now where you didn't before.
yes Im very grateful for the much better meals
@Hatley ...That is nice for you. I bet you are.
@celticeagle yes I reall y do appreiate the change in meals
@louievill (17649)
I love crab cakes as much as i love other seafoods, it always makes me happy when i read that you like the food there
thanks howniceof you and Im happy herenow too even tho I h ave to go down stairs now to have ,my blood s ugar read lol
@louievill (17649)
@silvermist (18041)
@Hatley I love crab.It is nice to know you got a great meal.
yes Im so happy wlth the food chanmges the new admin here have made as things actually taste good now.
@silvermist (18041)
@Hatley Has the over cooking of food stopped?
Same here we love crab cakes.I do not care for rice and never had.Give me the crab cakes.
hi @amadeo yed indeed I also love crab cakes and cannot eat the rice we d agree m y oldfriend
I love crabcakes, too. I'm not a fan of rice.
i like m ose sea food but rice really does a numberon me if I eat it myblood su gar goes up too high so I just leave it alone.
@sishy7 (27671)
Glad to hear your favorite item was in the lunch menu. Enjoy!
how dumb of me Sshy7 I did n ot realize y ou lived in Austalia lol yes our lunch was great as I have always loved crab cakes.
I avoid rice too, not worth it. would rather get my carbs elsewhere